Default Pearl overtones-- noticeable when worn?

Just purchased a pair of akoya studs from Pearl Paradise (8.5-9mm) to go with a necklace I previously purchased from PP. They came today, but these look less "pink" than my necklace.

In people's experience, is this terribly obvious when worn?

Thank you! Name:  KL pearl 1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  76.7 KBName:  KL pearl 2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  156.3 KB

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Hello Lee!
    Genuinely nice pieces! I specially love the large silvery Akoya earrings
    Look, this is my take on the issue...when you place pearls next to each other it is quite easy to notice the difference...even with very small differences. BUT, when you wear the earrings and the necklace, they are apart from each other and the differences become smaller...also earrings are like "side-worn" and not "full frontal" so they also are less noticeable, and then the hair...skin tone...you add things up and they become far less noticeable.

Why don't you wear them together, snap a photo and see for yourself? I am sure they would exchange them for more pinkish colored pearls...but try it them out! They look gorgeous!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Thank you! You're right-- it's not terribly noticeable once worn, have attached a picture here! =)

Quote Originally Posted by CortezPearls View Post
    Hello Lee!
    Genuinely nice pieces! I specially love the large silvery Akoya earrings
    Look, this is my take on the issue...when you place pearls next to each other it is quite easy to notice the difference...even with very small differences. BUT, when you wear the earrings and the necklace, they are apart from each other and the differences become smaller...also earrings are like "side-worn" and not "full frontal" so they also are less noticeable, and then the hair...skin tone...you add things up and they become far less noticeable.

Why don't you wear them together, snap a photo and see for yourself? I am sure they would exchange them for more pinkish colored pearls...but try it them out! They look gorgeous!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

I can see that!
    The extra pink in the necklace is somewhat "absorbed" against your skin...so it becomes not really noticeable!
    Looks great!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

I think you have a winning combination, Lee. They look lovely on you!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member multichrome's Avatar

They’re beautiful Akoyas. I have an Akoya bracelet from PP that has similar pink overtones, and I love it. They look very nice on you, and I hope you’ll enjoy wearing them!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

The earrings are on your ears, and the necklace is around your neck. They are not next to each other. Nobody will notice. Now if you were asking about a pendant that was going to hang off the necklace as an enhancer, then you would want them to match better.

I have a natural white Hanadama rope from PP, which is very white with pink and green overtones. My Hanadama stud earrings are definitely pink, but the pink pearls looked better on my ears than the natural white ones did. They look like a matched set when I wear them. My earrings are next to my face, which is wearing makeup. My rope is hanging next to my neck, which is a different color than my face, slightly. But the rope is mostly hanging on my clothing, which definitely does not match my skin.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

I like the sizes on you as well. They neither disappear nor overwhelm. Nice balance.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I agree with everyone’s comments, they look perfect together, and I personally prefer the silver tone pearl for the earrings! They’re beautiful, enjoy them!