Thread: Help, Please!

Default Help, Please!

Sold in a lot with costume jewelry in an estate sale. Box and clasp look right, the stringing looks wrong to me. Any ideas if they're real?Name:  under light.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  38.0 KBName:  clasp 3.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  25.3 KBName:  clasp 2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  48.5 KBName:  clasp.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  76.4 KBName:  box.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  47.0 KB

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Hello Dleib001!
    Welcome to our Pearl Loving Community!
    Interesting find there! And as you have stated the stringing is definitively wrong. Looks as if the necklace snapped and the owner did a "quick & dirty" fix.
    The shape opf the pearls is the giveaway...there are round and ovals shapes there, so they look very real to me. But the lighting you used does not allow me to have a better look at the surface of the pearls (I see the reflected "halo" of your lamp). Maybe some more photos using indirect natural light, near a window by midday?
    Let's wait for our Pearl Experts for more information!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Professional Rethreader Senior Guide Member Bernadette's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forum, the pictures you have submitted are not clear.

Having said that, the clasp looks vintage, and the box looks vintage too- everything looks to matchup so far, and clearer pictures will help resolve the identification. (Very good chance they will be salt water Akoya pearls).

The strand has broken at some stage and that’s why it looks wrong- needs to be restrung.