New to the forum

Question Men-Orka Vintage Japanese Pearls

Has anyone ever heard of Men-Orka pearls. I recently bought a necklace. It is knotted with 14k clasp is came in a green pearl pouch, inside a box stamped Japan.

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Hello Mespo2006...wow...never heard of Men-Orka pearls before...could it be a misspelling of a difficult to pronounce non-English word?
    I seem to recognize it as "Menorica" which is yet another name that has been used for imitation (faux) pearls that all fall under the "Mallorca" brandname: Majolica, Malloricas, Mejoricas, Menoricas...
    This is my best guess, but let us see if we have more opinions amongst our great community of Pearl Experts.

PS: Got me thinking about Menorah Pearls... Hannukah is upon us!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I've never heard of Men-Orka pearls before. I did a little googling, and of course video games with guns came up. Then I found this:

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage...c157852e1648d5

The clasp is the least expensive gold clasp you can buy for pearls. The pearls look like imitation pearls to me. And the price of $35 seems to also imply the pearls are imitation, too. Of course, I could be wrong, too.

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

I agree 100% with you BWeaves! They scream IMITATION. Great sleuth work BTW!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Just wanted to post the image of the necklace on the link that BWeaves shared with us, in case it disappears from the Internet!Name:  Menorka.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  14.2 KB
    Some of the pearls don't seem perfectly round (kind of ovalish) but it could be a photo defect...anyone else have an opinion?

Have a great day!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno