Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Cool What have you guys been doing today?

I’ve been playing with pearls, all day, and of course it was fun.

and trying to figure out why my camera isn’t getting the colors my eyes see. I bombarded Kevin and Nicole (who are the heart and soul of patience and helpfulness!) with pictures of hooooow maaaaaany colors my metallic color-changing pearls have, in all kinds of shifting light, so I could get studs to match the drops - and noticed that the return emails included the photo-flurry, all looking very similar. ie, good Lord - all alike, and color- mushed. (Apologies Kevin and Nicole)

Bummer. My genius photos were not nuanced.

I thought the pearls were silver and pink, and I’d never seen the seriously deep yellow before, and another elusive color, idk what. When I put them on they were always silver or pink, and then I was wearing them, not watching them all day. That’s my excuse.

since I’m mentioning them I’ll put them upB3B112EA-E4A2-4351-9DCB-997B5CF42FCE.jpg
    Another 7C420CE6-0FCB-4865-8D6C-25A5263B2F96.jpg
    A shortie72533939-6188-42B2-B097-4AB70D50258E.jpg

I think 2 colors are tough enough to match, give it up for 3 or 4. Kevin offered Hong Kong, the darling But! he has a Life (he did not say this, lol, I did ! ). soooo playing around today, I’m thinking a new approach is needed (and that my phone camera is aging. That’s a Hair-tearing irritation, because I just finished Paying. For. It. Over. Time.).

Back to matching pearls, I think keishi are the way to go. I need to check my post before I solicit opinions, because if the photos all look like mud, well...
    86C35F5E-9DCB-4253-9A9C-5B2D9AE60793.jpg
    I added the bottom picture by accident, but those are PoJ as well, from the exotics, to die for!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lisa c; 10-13-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Well, Lisa, that's certainly a pile of lustrous pearls you're fondling today! I do love the fw, and how they change colors on the other side, which makes them even more difficult to match. Keshi are absolutely special, your new white keshi necklace is positively stunning on you!

Today I've been playing with gorgeous Tahitian pearls; knotting 3 Tahitian bracelets and 3 T necklaces. Lordy, I want to keep them all, but no, they are for Kamoka.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

I have been playing with quilting cottons

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

And what pretty pearls to play with! Looks like a fun day, Lisa!

I ventured out to our local Saturday Market. Lots of space and the flow and number of people were controlled.

I am envious of Pattye playing with all those Kamoka pearls!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Lisa - gorgeous lustre and I love the shape !
    I've been out looking at Kitchen taps/faucets ..... so exciting...not
    But later I'm gearing up to go through a huge shipment of WSS to cherry pick out whatever I can afford lol

Nice, you guys! That’s fun, we’ll have a lot of visuals and pleasure this weekend, no doubt about it.

Do you have a project in mind Marianne?

Thanks Pattye (blissful sigh), I surely am in love with the new keishi necklace.
    B441FC8C-3CD3-4728-8C74-88802E3BA960.jpg
    the PP Wave sale keishi necklace with the PoJ exotic/freeform/mirror nuggets (?) from boodles-years ago. Irl they look strongly lemon next to the silvery blue necklace.

I also feel very lucky to have these beautiful pearls, loose and soothing, and already-made pieces. I can see a Kamoka day would provoke a lot of pleasure and appreciative sighs.

“Oh, oh, oh, ohohoh” (Led Zeppelin) I’m vibrating! Kathbran, huge WSS lot?. Wish I were peeking over your shoulder!

jeg, the marketplace! and your exquisite finds, very cool. Very very cool.
    Last edited by lisa c; 11-21-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

I've been doing my usual 1.5 hours of work while sitting in a café, am now keeping Ida company in the sofa while browsing and playing my app games and will go to my guitar after the scheduled snack at 3.30 pm. The days all look very much the same here while we still wait for a day therapy school for Ida. But I did go to an 'every two weeks' meetup in the city yesterday that I set up through a Facebook group for Danes and expats and I really enjoy those two hours.

No pearl play here. I have some I could play with but I wear the same few things no matter what I put together. What I am not wearing is piled high in the bathroom, though, so I can enjoy looking at them.

Lisa, forgot to say I love your pearls, Lisa! Something magical about those pink shifting freshies. No particular new project yet. Just trying to finish up some UFO's.

Hi Karin, are you out of country, then? (Expats?)

Hi Marianne! Thanks! UFOs - does that mean unfinished orders?

I swear you guys are hitting all my weaknesses, fabric, pearls, and pretty soon BabyNurse will be showing up in her soft sweaters...and Down Under will be sporting linens again...yep SydK just said Spring.
    Last edited by lisa c; 10-06-2020 at 01:03 AM.

UFO unfinished objects

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Lisa, we had to go back - was in mid-May. Ida turned out to have developed a very serious case of anorexia (they wanted to hospitalize her) and had also been doing self-harm for 6 months. That was how she was managing so well - not. We got here to an empty apartment and have been going through her refeeding and meeting with various case and hospital workers for assessment which lands us at where she was already at. Nothing new. Hopefully we are close to getting a day therapy school again but, seriously, it's been nearly 5 months of her sitting in the sofa with a depression. And barely able to walk and talk again. Danish health care is free but I am not always a great fan. At least I've been able to make the people in the new district we now live in to understand that removing Ida from home is likely to make her want to actively suicide. So they won't.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Karin, Thank you for the update on you and Ida; I think of your family often, and your persistence (bless you) in finding healing for Ida.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Let's see, today...

used the treadmill, as usual
    did the NYT spelling bee puzzle, as usual
    cooked dried chick peas in my crock pot
    roasted red peppers and onions and chopped garlic, to go with chick peas (meatless supper tonight)
    dropped my absentee ballot off at town clerk's office
    did laundry
    fed peanuts to friendly chipmunks
    ordered stuff we need from Amazon
    read the news
    and now I'm munching dehydrated mango slices and waiting for UPS while supper cooks.

and here they are finally!
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 10-06-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Karin - oh sweeties. I’m so glad you hang on, and that Ida hangs on. I hope the good moments outnumber the bad for her soon, in huge amounts.

PearlDreams, that all sounds great!
    Time to look up NYT spelling bee puzzle. Mom used to do 3 puzzles with breakfast, then look up and chide herself for “wasting her whole day”, and it was only lunchtime! I’d do a puzzle with her, but not by myself; doing one by myself def would have taken my whole day for real. Mom was a wiz, and a whiz. I’m a groupie.
    Last edited by lisa c; 11-21-2020 at 08:09 PM.