Default Where to buy 14k gold ring setting

I would like to ask if anyone can give me advice on where to buy 14k gold ring setting? I am having a light green Tahitian pearl and looking for a nice setting to put it on.
    Thank you so much for any input.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

You'd need a ring setting made specifically for pearls, with a post the right size (thickness) for the drill hole, and a cup the right size for your pearl.

For the greatest variety to choose from, you might want to visit your local jeweler and look through the catalogs they order their mountings from. If your pearl is not already drilled, they could drill and set it for you. This is the best way to make sure the setting fits the pearl.

If you prefer to order online and set it yourself, Rio Grande has some pearl ring mountings. Read the descriptions to see what size pearl the cup accommodates. If your pearl is already drilled, do you know what size the hole is? Communicate with the vendor to be sure the post of the ring will fit the drill hole. You don't want a post that is either too big or too small for the drill hole.

https://www.riogrande.com/searchresu...erOfResults=36
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 09-20-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks @Pearl Dreams so much for your input. I tried some sources including Rio Grande, but can not create an account with any of them since I am buying as an individual, not as a business owner. The pearl has been half drilled with 0.9mm hole, so I guess that it is some kind of standard hole size.

I want to try buying online first, but if not possible then I will try with a local jeweler then.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member linda.wald's Avatar

I buy from Rio Grande, but as an individual, so it should be possible. I have a login account. There are limits to what you can buy -- I think you have to be certified or something to buy diamonds from them. But I have bought clasps and settings with no problem. I don't have a resale number, either. You might want to give them a call.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Thank you for adding your info, Linda. I also didn't think accounts were restricted at Rio Grande, so I hope you can get set up there, thysa. Good luck sorting it out!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

@linda.wald and @pattye: thank you so much, I have just tried to create an account again with Rio Grande and this time it magically works. They do have a good range of findings, I will place orders with them someday.
    To share with you, I just ask a new Etsy shop based in the UK to custom make the ring setting for me. They are completely new so it is really risky. I have never taken such a risk before, I just purely have a good feeling about them, not so sure why. If it turns out good, I will share later on.
    Again, thanks so much for your input.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Oh yes, we will be so excited to see your ring! There are many outstanding goldsmiths on Etsy.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Or, if you want to have someone else set the pearl, Pearl Paradise has some ring settings and will set the pearl for you.