Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

Cathy, I almost feel as if I know you and Walter from your posts especially the ones the ones about Ruckus (I have never had the opportunity to attend). What a nightmare! I’m glad to know the worst seems to be behind you. I wish Walter a speedy recovery, and you some down time.

How frightening, Cathy! Good on you for insisting that something was not right. It's very fortunate that neurosurgical intervention was still helpful at that point. I don't know you or Walter personally but I wish you all the very best for the next stage of his recovery.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Aw, ALL your care and good wishes really cheered us all up. I hesitated to post, not wanting to drag down everyone with our non-pearl "adventures". But so many know him from Ruckus. So I have one more update tonight: I brought OUR WALTER home, tired but 100% himself, mentally and physically. He looks a little funny but is healing very well. Likely he is only going to need a bit of physical therapy for his broken ankle/leg, which we were expecting anyway. Thank You all so much; this caring community really kept me going when I couldn't sleep, eat or dare even post; it meant more than I can say. Pearly Hugs to you all! No more adventures for a while, although Walter promises a trip to Tahiti and Fiji post Covid
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I'm so glad to hear he's back home again!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

What great news, Cathy! We're cheering you on through Walter's recovery! Home is best! With pets and family; lots of TLC! We're always always here for you. I'm always up for a pearly hug too!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

What wonderful news, Cathy! Home is the best place for Walter to heal surrounded by family, pets, & love!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Cathy , I responded to your message on IG . I'm so sorry you both had to go through this trauma .. so unnecessary if they had only done an earlier CT scan. But the important thing is that it's sorted and pretty much over. Best wishes for a speedy recovery !!! xxk

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

That’s great news. Hugs to both of you.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Great news Cathy!!! Give Walter a hug from us.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Never worry about dragging us down, we love you guys (‘virtual’ love is strong, too), and we lift each other up! You’ve lifted lots of us up yourself, many times! Many, many times.

Wow, everybody out there - just go ahead and commit to the trip! You don’t have to fall off a ladder and get broken to get your wife to take you to Tahiti and Fiji! I’m pretty sure you just need to ask her...

oh sorry! “Walter promises...”. NOT. “Walter is promised a trip to....”
    Last edited by lisa c; 09-06-2020 at 07:16 PM.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Masik's Avatar

Oh Cathy! BIG, HUGE hugs from me and my family to yours! We are looking forward to see you next year here, in Bay Area! So Walter (and his feet!) are better get better , he would need them for driving down here
    xoxo

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Oh Cathy, so glad to hear that Walter, and you, have survived this latest trauma. Thank you for letting us know, and God bless you both.

This story reminds me of when my husband fainted and hit his head in our bathroom, and the doctor asked me to sign a Do Not Resuscitate. I said, no way, get me a diagnosis first. I'm not ready to say good-bye. You have to be persistent when you know that something is not right, and I'm so glad Walter had you.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

So happy to hear that you, PopPop, and Miss Reffi are all back at home. Hope you get lots of rest and have hidden the ladder and all heavy equipment! Take care!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Jeg ... he couldn't find "his scissors" tonight and asked ... my answer: "Wherever young Walter hid them; he was convinced you were going to cut your fingers off" LOL. I loaned him mine and got them back .

Red: They asked Walter those 2 questions too; he said "heck no, restart me and FIX me!" Pure Walter.

Masik: Yep, we for sure need our pack mule and chauffeur back and hopefully in SF Bay area; we'd love that!

EVERYONE: We love you all, and thank every single one of you, repeatedly. Off to bed; to try to and catch up on that sleep ... and await HOPEFULLY a package from PP tomorrow IF FedEx comes through. Hugs and Love!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Pearlista Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Thank goodness that Walter has come through this ordeal. I can say that you were all so sweet when I was frightened that Mom was going to die (and pulled through). This forum is a treasure.

You haven't seen me much. I'm still bumping off spammers, but I have a salaried job where I have had to put in big hours and this week it was 68 hours and I have been too busy and/or tired to go on PG much. Rest assured that I still love seeing all your posts. Thanks to Pearl Dreams for being the active on-forum Forum Administrator. <3

If my workload continues, I will have to retire as Forum Administrator - "Spammer Bumper-Offer in Chief"!

Hugs,
    Blaire