Lisa, I am not in PA but Texas now. However, I lived in NJ for many years and my brother and his family live in Carlisle, PA. The watchmaker and his son are "old school" watchmakers/repairs and though they take at minimum 2 months to repair movements and minor cosmetic repairs they are upfront about the timeline. On really unique pieces it can take much longer to find appropriate parts. It's called Old Time Watch and Clocks in Allentown, PA. The photo's are of some of my watches. IMHO, I think smaller and more ornate watches were used more by women, but size depended on era is important to remember. Then older the watch the bigger because the movements evolve to be smaller and smaller over time. Guilloche is basically a transparent enamel over an engine-turned engraved pattern(I have even seen spiderweb patterns), whereas enamel can be transparent or opaque but there is no patterning under. Faberge is probably most famous for his work, but there are several excellent Scandinavian makers as well. If you look at your watch there is examples of both the body is guilloche and the dial face is white enamel. The really neat thing is both are basically melted ground-up glass.

Karin, Yes, it can be addictive. Name:  IMG_8089.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  79.3 KBName:  IMG_8087.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  100.2 KB