Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

How can there be no ground beef, in Texas??? Luvglitz, you’ve blown my mind. I was feeling pretty calm about the World, until I read that line. Seriously.
    Last edited by lisa c; 03-18-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Ground beef is scarce in Ga too. Grocery stores are limiting the chicken too. It's just crazy.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

No beans, rice, water, chicken. beef or pork, in the stores I have shopped in. Also not a toilet paper roll to be found. A friend shopped online and had her groceries delivered but it did not arrive with any protein item.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

As of today WA State DOH lists 1012 confirmed cases and 52 deaths. >80% of the cases are in King and Snohomish counties. I went to the grocery store at 8:00 last night and folk were for the most part keeping a safe distance from each other. Was able to get a cabbage, but no potatoes available. (not good for a gal of Russian and Irish descent). Wishing I could get out and walk, but the pollen activity is crazy!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

No toilet paper, chicken, eggs, or buttermilk at my grocery. The buttermilk surprised me. Didn’t expect a run on that. Spoiled my plan to stress bake this week.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Denmark (still feels like home) shut down everything but supermarkets and other necesseties yesterday. And had the Danish Queen go on television and scold people for not taking it seriously! She only ever addresses the nation at New Years. In Ireland stores and cafés can still be open but many places that serve anything have closed anyway.

I only need the grocery store twice a week and so far it has been fine. If the discount store is missing an item, I can always go to the small high-end market in my block. No one will ever pick that clean Hoping everyone’s store are back with full shelves soon!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

There's plenty of confirmed and way more unconfirmed but presumed corona here; and nearly no testing being done, so numbers are greatly underreported. We're using the abundance in our freezers and pantry, although some recipes have been modified lol. Same shortages here, and weird ones, ie. there was no TP of course, and no baby wipes, yet cases and cases of Kleenex available??? Weird what people hoard, really weird. It would never occur to me to hoard ... ground beef???

Lisa C ... Stay out of those card games! Play solitaire or computer cards online, or come here and talk to us.

Newberry, I belong to the Rancho Gordo Bean Club ... have a freezer full ... if you want some, Walter will put on gloves and go mail you some We keep dry beans in the freezer due to the tendency of dry goods to attract grain moths etc.

Stay safe and well, everyone.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

CathyK, thanks for the invite! It’d be so fun but I’d better not bring any WesternPa viral-variations back NE. I’m holing up, more or less, no games. I think there might be a high-stakes poker enthusiast running a game. I like her a lot, don’t want to embarrass myself in front of her!

Oh (snort!), you meant come to PG! not show up with pillow, suitcase, pearls and cookies. Hehehee, you’d never know English is my first language.

I was reading about the Spanish flu coming in with a second wave, after folks were breathing a big sigh of relief to have survived the first. Told a neighbor yesterday that I felt lucky, handing over (unused!) cafeteria-gloves. Woke in the middle of the night with my head plugged up; pride goeth before the fall. A virus is a natural born leveler. At least it’s still cool here. At first light frost covered the houses. Go figure.
    Last edited by lisa c; 04-11-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

"Here" -- on P-G-- is a great place to meet to chat. Much safer than in person, these days.

I find my seasonal allergies have kicked in early this year-- could it be allergies, Lisa?

We had an early light frost yesterday but today I'm seeing robins on the lawn.

Thanks, PD, I caught myself before I hauled out the luggage, lol!

It’s another sinus episode, and I’m hoping there’s a border, an ‘understanding’ between germs. “Oh, I’m so sorry, COVID, it seems we got here first. If only you’d called ahead, but as you can see, we’re full up. No room, move along now, thanks very much, goodbye!”

ParrotLady, I heard last night from a disgruntled guy just across the state border, north of you. He was complaining that a reversal of history had brought the people of Atlanta north to raid their groceries, and ravish their drug-stores.
    Last edited by lisa c; 03-19-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Ah...I hope it gets better soon (hugs).

My D tells me her coffee shop will soon close the lobby entirely and switch to only drive-through. Still risky for the person manning the window, but better than a lobby full of customers.

Oh, Lisa you made me laugh. Yes, I meant "virtual" and happy to have the company, although your "suitcase, pillow, pearls and cookies" did sound like fun!

Seasonal allergies YES! By bedtime, every night, I'm convinced I have a virus, by morning, better. I think the warm winter has brought out everything. My family is well although the BOY ate all the perogies, all the oranges (he doesn't even LIKE oranges LOL) ... and my daughter's "apocalypse" level of supplies may ... not be LOL. She did confirm she has 4 dozen more perogies in the freezer though, just in case of boy emergencies.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Well, Cathy, priorities, right? I have my go bag ready. I could bring perogies (shrug).

You should’ve seen me haul my go-bag luggage down 10 flights when we had a lady on 4, who kept setting her food on fire. (Yes, fire trucks every time, poor thing)

What was in my go bag? Baby albums, wedding album (yeah, I’m divorced, but we looked good back then! Why throw away a good photo? I knew I wouldn’t look 25 forever.), meds, money. And a computer carry-on bag of pearls and tools.

I was fancy-ing up for you, with the pillow and cookies! I don’t always bring cookies. Mwah! Big hugs!

ps instead of perogies, I read “she has 4 dozen people in the freezer”, and thought “Well, I can’t compete with that...”
    Last edited by lisa c; 03-18-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Lisa C, I'm in tears laughing! My daughter is pretty fierce, she might have people frozen LOL, though I'm pretty sure it's perogies and tamales and garden vegetables. Today's news was Mom: "Would you like an orange?". Boy: "NO, you know I don't like oranges" (insert 12 year old snarl at his mom if you like). Rapidly followed by: Boy grabs orange, eats it, walking away. I think we've finally figured out why he hates school ... he can't eat often enough! Good thing she's got seeds, and it will soon be planting time, and an egg a day from the ducks time ...
    Cathy

CathyKeshi