Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Covid-19

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Walter looks good. Best wishes to both of you.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Two thumbs up, Walter!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Walter!!! I have been distracted by the local disturbances/curfews, and just now catching up from the past few days.

Get well soon, but it sounds like he is well on his way.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

RED!!! We've been very worried for you; Walter was asking tonight. Please take great care; I'm so glad you checked in. It's been an active zone here in parts of PA too, but not close to us.

Walter is happily ensconced in his own room, and permitted to move about as he sees fit, between bed, wheelchair, walker and ... SCOOTER. He needs no assistance with any of that, is eating well, and only taking occasional Tylenol ... the staff is bewildered LOL. He was thrilled today when our daughter, son-in-law and young Walter drove 3 hours to stand outside the hospital parking lot and wave to him, and to shout across the distance to me too. We haven't seen them since January. Tomorrow ... full flights of steps! He sends Hugs and Love to you all!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

New Corona virus information from Danish researchers. This just came out in Danish news so probably hasn't been translated anywhere yet. The Danish scientists have been more than puzzled about why the number of cases not only hasn't gone up but actually gone down after we started reopening the country.

It's been over a month since child care and lower classes started, then shops and malls two weeks ago and more a week ago but that is too soon to see. Everyone was expecting to see a climb in number of cases but at a rate that the health care could keep up with. And nothing happened. Now the latest research here in Denmark shows that the main cause for infection is large events (as in 'lots of people close together for longer periods of time) and the unlucky super spreaders that unwittingly are able to infect a lot of people.

It's graduation time here in Denmark and traditionally the class drives around in a truck to visit all the homes of that class. Word is now that the 30 student in a truck is not worrying but if they join 1000 other graduates in the center of Copenhagen for the traditional running around, that would be.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Thank you for sharing this information Karin. There are still so many unknowns about this virus. Hope you are doing well!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

WALTER!!! He's unbelievable and cannot be stopped, can he?? He's sporting a million dollar smile like he's just as happy as can be and shows no sign of distress or pain. How is that possible considering the bottom half of his foot sounds like it is in a hundred pieces. I send him prayers for a speedy recovery, but seeing how late my message is, he may already be fully recovered. I hope you are keeping up with him Cathy and doing well too. Hugs to you both!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

I was feeling cautiously optimistic about us over here, by the numbers, but I just heard we have a couple more dead in the bldg. Of course this is a Sr bldg. Idk... The heat was pretty bad this past week, but we have ac.

But Nooooobody has COVID over here. Shucks, people are so weird (it’s the FrenchPox, no it’s the LimeyPox, no it’s the ItalianPox, no it’s the RussianBot!!!) it really is like a RedLetter disease, people are not admitting to having it. I guess that’s because they don’t want to be labeled and involuntarily be restricted. I kind of get that...

WALTER!!! looks like a High-schooler - way too young for a beard! You sure that’s not a JungeWalter in that bed?

Good luck, everybody.
    Last edited by lisa c; 06-21-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Thank you. Personally I am doing well and in good health, happy to back in Copenhagen and busy trying to fill an empty apartment without spending too much. Ida, though, is having me worried but I guess she has for the most part of 6 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Thank you for sharing this information Karin. There are still so many unknowns about this virus. Hope you are doing well!

I’m always glad to hear your updates Karin! Doesn’t life feel like The Tea-Cup ride? Never my favorite, but once you get off it you can go over to tube down the Lazy River for a bit, maybe relax a bit. You guys are always in my heart.
    Last edited by lisa c; 06-21-2020 at 04:45 PM.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well, KarinK ... we will worry for Ida along with you.

Lisa C, no that is the real PopPop Walter, not the younger version, although rumor has it the younger evil twin is working on a beard behind his mask. LOL, I also hear he can count the hairs in the beard, but he's trying

Now they've added a big knee length boot to Walter's leg, to make more clumsy weight, more tiring and more likely to fall, just in time to send him home on Saturday ! But he still feels well enough to get by with a few Tylenol a day, but does find he welcomes a bit of elevation and rest after therapy. He's very anxious to get home. I've been busy moving furniture to clear paths for him, taking up throw rugs etc. as we have over 5 weeks of non-weight bearing to go before any changes. X-Rays yesterday confirmed the bones and surgery work are all perfectly in position; and the doctor re-wrapped his leg and both incisions are healing perfectly. So ... fingers crossed for the next 5 + weeks. Thanks, all. Lisa C, that is so scary; please be ever so careful!!!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Thanks, Cathy, I’m isolating. It’s nothing, compared with everyone else’s woes, believe me! I hope you aren’t moving all that stuff by yourself?
    Last edited by lisa c; 06-09-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Good luck today, Cathy and Walter!

Yes Lisa C, I have become the pack mule . Walter was released today, nurse brought him and all his belongings right to the car. Picked him up, picked up curbside dinner from our friends' restaurant, went home to unload him. Lugged out the scooter, and he says he thinks he'd do better with the walker, to navigate the 4 steps and the porch into the house. Walker? WALKER? Nope, there's no walker in the car, nor the shower chair. Got Walter in the house with no hitches if you don't count cursing while I lug the scooter up the stairs ... spent 20 min. trying to find humans in the hospital, and back I went for the REST of his stuff. He's scooting all over the house, and folding laundry for me . We haven't attempted the 16 steps upstairs yet, but soon. Thanks Lisa C!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Iooooohhhh nooooo...... to infinity. I’m moaning in sympathy, but at the same time you’re so funny - I feel so guilty but I’m laughing anyway
    (shame on me!
    I can’t help it!
    Shame on me anyway.
    Ok, but make her stop being funny!)