Default Advice about buying pearls online

Hello, I am a new user here. I would like some advice about buying pearls online.

I know my girlfriend likes Monarchy and the trademark triple strand pearl necklace of queen Elisabeth. I would like to buy her a necklace in the same style, but I am very worried about buying online.

I would like some advice about a safe place to buy a necklace like this. Thank you for any help!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Welcome, Norse,

Are you located in the US, UK or?? Yes, we can help you find a reliable place to purchase a necklace similar to that famous triple strand we all admire!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Hello and thank you! I live in Norway.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

If norway has as little pearls as sweden you could probably get better pearls for less money if you try some of the wendors most of us use. I find that the pearls I can find in swedish jewelry shops are overpriced and of poor quality. Usually I buy my pearls from Wendy at Pearlescence (in uk) or from Cees at Amsterdampearls (he is in Bangkok and in Holland). You could ask them to find exactly what you wish to purchase and they try to find it (and most often they do find it). If you want to purchase from outside europe there is always Pearl Paradise and Pearl of Joy, both in Us. Both have excellent customerservice. And then there is etsy, Inhave purchased pearls from both Oceanscove and Oceanrhyme. I have probably forgotten many great webshops and wendors, hopefully someone else will complete the list. Best of luck. I bought my triple akoyastrand in an online antique store, but sadly that one retired. If you want something vintage it's possible to find that also even if I cannot remember any store right now (it's been years since I bought vintage akoyas)

Thank you Charlotta!

I have been looking a little here in Norway, and I could not find anything. I really liked the US web shops you mentioned, so easy to use with filters for number of strands, pearl color etc!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

I am Danish and would never buy pearls in Denmark. Even with the added VAT and fees, buying overseas is better for me. I haven't put in special orders with Wendy or Cees but plenty here have and received excellent service and pearls. Cees has an instagram account and Wendy (Pearlescence) is on FB (not sure about Instagram there). You can follow some of their finds :-)

Here's a fun look at some of Queen Elizabeth's triple strand necklaces with their history.

You might want to consider purchasing good quality freshwater pearls and it might need to be a custom order from any of the sellers mentioned. Freshwater pearls will be substantially less expensive than good quality Akoya pearls of the same size.
    Pattye

Here's a couple of triple strands:

Pearl Paradise

Pearls of Joy
    Pattye

Thank you Pattye,

Both the necklaces you link to look beautiful. I see that there is size and quality differences, and when you pass a certain size the price really goes up! I see you talk about a custom order, can you tell my why?

And thank you for the link about the queen, those triple strands really are beautiful!