Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Default Tahitian temptation sale

Well, let's just say I couldn't stop the temptation. I bought the Adoring Aubergine strand. It was between the Beautiful Bordeaux and this strand but I love, love purple. I hope someone posts the Bordeaux here.

Name:  IMG_4753.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  73.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4752.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  108.9 KB

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

They look beautiful.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Wonderful overtones and luster, Bailey! I can understand why you chose this one!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Good for you! I was admiring the eye candy of the Tahitian Temptations when they were released. This beauty certainly caught my eye.

Please post more photos.

Congratulation on your new lovely T strand. The luster and overtones are brilliant.

I had a bit of insomnia the other night, and was looking online at PG and then went to other pearl sites. Low and behold when I went to PP, the page went wonky, and I had to refresh the page. When I did, all of sudden the new T strands appeared! Wow. So many unique and pretty strands. I looked through many of them, as I was interested in their descriptions. (sure wish they would photograph ALL strands on a bust or person) My eyes were attracted to few strands with aubergine or cherry overtones. They definitely caught my eye. This was one of 3 strands that truly captured my attention. So pretty !!
    Please post a photo when you receive it. Wear this exquisite strand proudly, Bailey
    Last edited by AzFlyGirl; 01-25-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Thank you Charlotta, Pattye, Red, and AzFlygirl.

Red, I will post more photos when I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by AzFlyGirl View Post
    Congratulation on your new lovely T strand. The luster and overtones are brilliant.

I had a bit of insomnia the other night, and was looking online at PG and then went to other pearl sites. Low and behold when I went to PP, the page went wonky, and I had to refresh the page. When I did, all of sudden the new T strands appeared! Wow. So many unique and pretty strands. I looked through many of them, as I was interested in their descriptions. (sure wish they would photograph ALL strands on a bust or person) My eyes were attracted to few strands with aubergine or cherry overtones. They definitely caught my eye. This was one of 3 strands that truly captured my attention. So pretty !!
    Please post a photo when you receive it. Wear this exquisite strand proudly, Bailey
    Flygirl, You must have been looking at the PP sites just as they are adding strands. I only looked at it after I got the email about the sale and was surprised at how many pretty and unique strands they still had. I also like how they name their strands now. I also do wish they would have at least one natural lighting photo, like the one above they sent me, of every single strand. It just makes it easier to see overtones and luster. When I chatted with customer support, i asked for a picture of the Bordeaux and Aubergine but the picture was in harsh office lighting I actually decided not to buy a strand. They just didn't look attractive to me. It wasn't until many hours later that I decided to buy one and asked for more pictures before shipping. These pictures look so much better. I can see luster and overtones. I actually wished I had picked the Bordeaux because after seeing the Aubergine's pictures I could sort of imagine what the Bordeaux would look like. I'll have to keep an eye for the next temptation sale i guess.
    Last edited by Bailey1856; 01-27-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Hi Bailey:

I bought the Beautiful Bordeaux strand. :-)

I've been lurking here a LOT for the last month or so, and decided to join today so I could reply to your post. (And others, of course.) I didn't ask for pictures from PP before ordering because I have never been unhappy with anything I've purchased from them; so I have no photos to share. It shipped the same day, so I should have it within a couple of days, and will post pictures then.

I actually stumbled across the sale accidentally well before I got the email and immediately bought a strand called "The Standout" - multicolored baroques with some rings. But I couldn't stop thinking of the strands with cherry and purple overtones, so the next day I double-dipped. The Bordeaux was the strand I liked best in that range. And since both the strands I ended up loving and buying were among the least expensive, I'm feeling rather like the cat who got the cream!

-Gail

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Welcome Gail, and what a way to enter the pearl forum! I'm looking forward to your photos of your Tahitian strands when they arrive. What great choices.

Hi Gail, welcome! I'm so excited for you. At least I get to see more pictures of the Bordeaux strand here. I'm sure both of your strands will be amazing IRL.

Bailey, I too requested photos the next morning. There were 3 that caught my attention, only 2 were still available. The photos were taken in office lighting and I could not really tell the two apart as they were just dark in color, and did not show any overtones. Had I seen the pictures above, I too would have been smitten and jumped to purchase it. I love the medium body color with the aubergine and greenish overtones. Lovely. Excited to see the pictures when you receive the necklace. The 3rd necklace that had already sold was called Wisteria. It was the first that caught my eye. I do hope if the person who bought the strand is on PG, they will post a picture once they receive it.

Welcome Gail. Nice to see you purchased the Bordeaux. I remember that strand, as it caught my eye as did the Aubergine. It will be exciting to see it once you receive it. I bet it will be delightful. I looked at all the baroque strands, and remember the name of your 2nd strand 'the standout' however do not recall the look exactly. I will look forward to seeing you post a picture of that strand as well. I adore multi colored Ts, so I bet it will be splendid. Here is hoping you will wear both your new strands proudly.

Name:  standout.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  5.7 KB

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! None of my IRL friends are Pearl People, so it will be fun to talk pearls with people who get it. And I've been loving looking through the pictures on the forum of what everyone has and the ways they wear their pearls.

AzFlyGirl, above I attached (I hope - it's all new to me) a screen shot I took of The Standout before I bought it. That one will come to me later, as I asked PP to hold shipment until today, thinking I'd be out of town. Then my flight got cancelled! At least I will have the Beautiful Bordeaux to keep me company until it arrives. I'm hoping to have time to go over to the post office this morning to pick up my held mail and see if they can give me the package.

-Gail

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Gorgeous! That's a pretty strand.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member multichrome's Avatar

Lovely choices, can’t wait to see them when they arrive! I have been nibbled by the Tahitian bug and really enjoy seeing what catches the fancy of posters here.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Gemandpearlover's Avatar
    On one acre in an area described as "strange rural".

Lucky ladies to have such beautiful strands arriving. Can't wait to see pictures when they arrive!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Welcome, Gail! Looking forward to seeing more photos of your exciting Tahitian purchases.

My thanks to everyone for sharing their photos and pearl joy
    Cathy

CathyKeshi