Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by multichrome View Post
    Thatís gorgeous. The person who restrung them did a beautiful job. Youíre a kind husband. I know your wife will love this special piece.
    Thank you for the nice comments! I do have a confession... her birthday, Hannukah, Valentine's and our anniversary fall generally within 8-11 weeks so my kindness might also be interpreted as laziness as I always buy (depending on year) at least one piece of nice jewelry to cover it all. She hasn't called me on it yet!

I had another thought on a "fix" for the clasp rolling. It was originally a double strand piece and I changed it to the one which caused the problem. I was thinking to add a couple of strands of colored Akoya's to it since it can be a triple, but wasn't sure if that might be a bit much. You all have way more experience with pearls and what is acceptable in this world. I have always stayed with colored stones which is far less nuanced so easier. Please tell me if I am "gilding the Lily" and if not which is the most neutral color to use. I am thinking black or light blue in the 7-8mm range?

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I also have a strand of vintage akoyas that have a large clasp that was originally a double clasp and the jeweler removed that so the clasp is now for a single strand. Occasionally I wear the clasp in front and it rolls. I find if I flip the necklace and connect it the opposite way, the clasp hangs differently and doesn't roll. Don't know if that would help you.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Have you tried hanging the clasp in front like a pendant? The gravity works better to keep it from moving compared to putting it on the side. If it sill rolls, flip it and clasp opposite as mentioned by me previously. My personal opinion is that the strand and clasp look beautiful as is. Sometimes less is more and starting to add things may become a problem. If you present the issue to your jeweler, I'm sure they would have a solution. They may have seen the same problem before and know how to fix it.