Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahitian Love

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    I found it interesting that Rikitea pearls are grown outside the atoll, where there are more nutrients in the water, resulting in nacre being laid down faster. Also the history of why the 0.8mm minimum nacre law was passed in the first place, and why it was finally repealed.
    Me too. I thoroughly enjoyed the video!

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post
    I also bought one of the very light colored strands. I would like to have a rope of the light colors but I wasn’t sure if any of the other strands would be a match and then I got distracted by the copper ones...
    Same here. I wanted a rope but I don't know that any of the ones that were left by the time I went on the site would be great matches. I am excited to see real life shots of yours and Red's pearls!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lary007 View Post
    Same here. I wanted a rope but I don't know that any of the ones that were left by the time I went on the site would be great matches. I am excited to see real life shots of yours and Red's pearls!
    I picked out six strands and did a live chat where I gave them the strand numbers and asked them to pick the two best for a rope. I’m sure there are other ways, but it only took them a few minutes to come back that these two were the ones. There is really no way to match body colors using photos. You can see the exposures are slightly different in the two glamour shots, so not easily comparable.

One difference I do notice in my two strands is that one has pointy drop shapes, and the other has more rounded drop shapes. In looking at my current necklaces I see they tend to have a greater mix of shapes than these two do, so I think combining them will be fine. But it points to how carefully these Tahitian strands have been matched in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I picked out six strands and did a live chat where I gave them the strand numbers and asked them to pick the two best for a rope. I’m sure there are other ways, but it only took them a few minutes to come back that these two were the ones. There is really no way to match body colors using photos. You can see the exposures are slightly different in the two glamour shots, so not easily comparable.

One difference I do notice in my two strands is that one has pointy drop shapes, and the other has more rounded drop shapes. In looking at my current necklaces I see they tend to have a greater mix of shapes than these two do, so I think combining them will be fine. But it points to how carefully these Tahitian strands have been matched in the first place.
    Maybe I'll message them tomorrow morning then! I think this is the time to at least try given the great sale prices. I'll start crossing fingers now.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Since Red mentioned some of the previous Tahitian sales, I pulled up an old photo of silver Tahitians I purchased from the 2009 PP Tahitian sale. It’s layered here with two Kojima strands.
    Name:  2839C66E-DA06-470F-9201-5B53E36969C3.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  108.4 KB

Silver Tahitians from PP 2009 Tahitian sale
    Name:  9AA6CACA-391A-4111-B547-D6F715074192.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  537C5A3C-3827-4794-A29C-33D1AAFC1F22.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  48.6 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Red, congrats on your new rope!
    Etsy Shop: Ocean's Cove
    Instagram: Ocean's Cove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: Ocean's Cove

I bought another strand in the 2009 sale, but I found I wasn’t wearing it as much. I used the smallest pearls to make two bracelets. I wear these together all the time now. They are a mix of shapes and colors, and have very colorful overtones.
    Name:  99003BBB-373C-40BD-AC1F-980362EA34B5.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  40.0 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I'm really interested to see all of these pieces . I can't quite picture the copper colour so that will be very exciting.

jeg - that's a great idea for these smaller strands. When you look at the price of a Tahitian bracelet normally ... and you can get two from one of the strands...it's a darn good deal !

Thanks, Katbran- I actually was able to get three bracelets out of the one strand. I used the bigger pearls in the third bracelet. I was a few short, so I filled it in with some gemstones.

Oooohhh the colors on those bracelets! I would get a lot of wear out of those too.

On a different note, looks like they're going to be adding more inventory to the sale page today!

Where’s the smack head emoji?!!

Red, those T strands are lovely and well matched. Excited to see the rope when you receive it and post.

I too, was enticed by the sale, and looked through all the strands. I wanted to compliment the T strands I now have. After viewing the strands this weekend, I jotted down several I was interested in. I called and John was nice enough to pull the strands and beautifully describe the strands to me. What I loved is he had looked at them in different lighting, as to describe them to me. Fantastic !!

Sooooooooo it looks like I have a T strand coming in the mail soon, from PP ! The first on my list, was my winner ! It was the larger strand with the copper and pistachio. I do not have another T strand of those colors, so definitely excited to receive the strand.

Jeg, the strand from 2009 is gorgeous ! The silver with the aqua overtones, is stunning. And it looks fabulous with the Kojima ropes! Always love your strands, and the artistry of your combinations of pearls and fashion.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzFlyGirl View Post
    Red, those T strands are lovely and well matched. Excited to see the rope when you receive it and post.

... I have a T strand coming in the mail soon, from PP ! The first on my list, was my winner ! It was the larger strand with the copper and pistachio. I do not have another T strand of those colors, so definitely excited to receive the strand.
    Thanks for the report, AzFlyGirl. I'm so excited for you. I hope you enjoy your new stand, and be sure to share pictures when it arrives.

I was in contact with John earlier this week as well, and he also looked at my strands and says that thy should combine beautifully. So, I'm sure it will be true.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Excited to see everyone's choices; sounds like you all chose beauties! Jeg, your Tahitians totally rock! Love your colorful bracelets (I have a similar one which I wear all the time).

Tahitians are endlessly fascinating!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----