Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Diary

About the greens, let me post my favourite Tahitian first.
    Most people adore peacock, me too. But there is another kind of colour touched my soul, Giorgio Morandiís muted colour palette.

This strand is 12-14. It has all the elements we need, round ,big, smooth, shine,nearly perfect , but in a quiet way.
    It is the smell of air after a summer rain.
    It is a pile of fallen leaves under the Autumn ginkgo tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This dark multi colour Tahitian strand is also part of the Morandi Tahitian collection.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Luvglitz's Avatar

Waps, what a gorgeous strand of pearls. Such an unusual color.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waps View Post
    This strand is 12-14. It has all the elements we need, round ,big, smooth, shine,nearly perfect , but in a quiet way.
    It is the smell of air after a summer rain.
    It is a pile of fallen leaves under the Autumn ginkgo tree.
    Ah, the soul of a poet. And lovely skin (apologies if that sounds weird).

My favorite is the whipping cream. I'm not sure if I would wear it or just display it on my desk and admire it. You have an amazing collection!
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This one is light multi-colour, very Morandi. Itís 11-13 , smaller than the dark one , not of the same quality , but really elegant colour combination.

Quote Originally Posted by ennui View Post
    Ah, the soul of a poet. And lovely skin (apologies if that sounds weird).

My favorite is the whipping cream. I'm not sure if I would wear it or just display it on my desk and admire it. You have an amazing collection!

Thanks ennui, actually my skin is not that great. Even if I brush on tons of lotion, it will still be a bit dry, Spots easily seen. hehe. I just let it be, it’s okay.
    Whipping cream is a fine piece , top quality pearls, but I don’t find big round WSS match clothes that well. Maximum wear it 1-2 times a year, can’t have too many funerals ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvglitz View Post
    Waps, what a gorgeous strand of pearls. Such an unusual color.
    It is like salad , light , may not be the loudest , but definitely long term love.
    it went out to see the sunlight more than my other pearls , haha.
    I will post the peacock and some other colour Tahitian I like.
    Don’t have all the pictures ready though. Will post if new picture taken later.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

What lovely pearls and photos, Waps! My favorites are always the keshi, the baroque, the unusual too; seldom does classic round catch my eye. That light, pistachio green strand is stunning color; so unusual. The flower keshi necklace takes my breath away. And here I thought I was the only one who called that shape pearl a UFO ... LOVE those ... and how clever to put a green one in the center! Fantastic; thank you for sharing.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Peacock.
    I have some peacock strands, different size, different length, different quality. Don’t wear them very often though. Will post the neckshot someday if I wear.
    This pic of the best peacock set I have was taken last month . I was taking out Jadeite Jade to wear , to a function , so just grabbed a peacock set to go with it.
    Didn’t take neckshot , only took the bracelet.
    This set is bigger than usual peacocks, it is 10-12. and actually a bit multi-colour.
    Last edited by Waps; 06-12-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    What lovely pearls and photos, Waps! My favorites are always the keshi, the baroque, the unusual too; seldom does classic round catch my eye. That light, pistachio green strand is stunning color; so unusual. The flower keshi necklace takes my breath away. And here I thought I was the only one who called that shape pearl a UFO ... LOVE those ... and how clever to put a green one in the center! Fantastic; thank you for sharing.
    Can’t agree more on Keshi and baroque.
    I always think no one appreciate odd ones, but wow, now I have more courage to post Keshi and baroque pearls which don’t look that perfect.
    Don’t worry, mothership will come and pick us up before Earth explodes!

Sushi day, so today I am wearing a 10*16mm WSS keshi fish.
    Itís in silver blue color.
    Yum yum

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

I am loving the variety of your treasures, Waps! Thank you for posting photos—and the giggles!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Welcome to the forum. You have a wonderful collection!

Post some Tahitians I wore in Frebruary. Luckily took neckshot of some fine pieces then.

This Tahitian strand is 11-13. Pinkish and cherry with cool silvery colour.

This little 9-11 Aubergine/plum Tahitian strand is not great purity but very intensive colour.