First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

Question Vivid Linen Sizing Question

For those who wear (or have worn) Vivid Linen clothing, can you please share the general "fit"? Do the clothes tend to fit true to size?

I typically wear a medium (size 10 or sometimes 12), and the size medium measurements on their website seem like they would fit me. That said, in "real life", occasionally some mediums fit larger, some mediums fit smaller than a true medium. I have some lovely linen tops by a company called "Flax" and I buy size small because their medium swims on me!

I'd prefer to get the size correct to avoid the hassle (and disappointments) of returns.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Kind of depends on the style. Probably more true to size unless it’s a relaxed fit style, then it would be more like Flax. Even though it’s an Asian company, they have a US distribution center, so returns wouldn’t be difficult. They are made for the American market, so sizing is definitely American.

Thank you, jeg. I’ll try a piece and if it fits well, will probably yield to temptation and buy several things.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I'm a size 10, and their mediums fit me well. The close fitting styles skim my body, and the loose styles are loose, but just right.

Their size chart is very accurate. However, I've only ordered the styles that come in small, medium, large. I haven't tried any of their styles that are numbered 8, 10, 12, etc. But since returns are quick (I've received a refund within 3 days) and mailed to a location in California, I have no fear of ordering a couple of sizes and then returning the size that doesn't fit.

Great to know, BWeaves! I'm so glad you chimed in, because you actually have some of their beautiful pieces! Now I can really get to bookmarking things and whittling down the list, LOL!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Hello, cats and kittens, revisiting this question - how about the fit of the pants? Anything in particular to consider?

I usually buy the elastic waist pants. I haven't tried their zip up pants or their close fitting pants. I have only bought the loose styles, because linen wrinkles, and the loose styles won't wrinkle as much because they're not being caught up where I bend (hips and knees).

I love the double layered pants, in both the short and long lengths. I always get compliments on those. I like the very wide leg looks.

Some of their pants have very low crotches, like down to the knees, and I don't like those styles, because they feel weird.

I love the look of their flared pants, but I'm not sure how you iron them, so I haven't tried them.

Right now Vivid Linen is closed for COVID-19.

Thanks, B! That’s very helpful information. Is the crotch down at the knees a planful fashion thing, or an unfortunate happenstance you think? I wear elastic too, since my weight’s always up and down (annoying). I like seeing the outfits here. Are the double linen pants really lightweight? Also, B, your linen-info post was hugely appreciated!!!!

The low crotch is intentional on certain styles. Other styles have the crotch exactly where you want it.

I can usually tell from the photos where the crotch is.

EX. I've ordered this pant just to try it and the crotch is very low.

http://www.vividlinen.com/missy/prod...g-pants&tgid=3

This pant also had a very low crotch.

http://www.vividlinen.com/missy/prod...p-capri&tgid=3

I think those two above are the only ones with weirdly low crotches.

This pant has a regular crotch. This pant looks like a skirt. I would call it culottes, myself.

http://www.vividlinen.com/missy/prod...e-pants&tgid=3

My favorite pant comes in 4 versions. Long, cropped. With shell buttons or Chinese knots on the sides. The crotch is in the right place.

http://www.vividlinen.com/missy/prod...s-pants&tgid=3

This is super-helpful, even if Vivid is suspended right now, thank you very much, B!

I really like the double color pants. Are they comfortable, even outside? I know most of a summer in FL is spent from one air-conditioned spot to another, until the heat of day has passed...well, thatís how I did it, except years in an open-air high school. Idk how I survived it, but at the time we just did.

Oh nuts, here we go again! Menacing black clouds, and itís hot...but if itís a microburst, one really should be clothed decently.
    9655ED98-E18A-47B3-BA34-00EDCFF17A14.jpg
    Last edited by lisa c; Yesterday at 08:32 PM.

They're linen. And loose. They feel wonderful. Although I think I like the loose dresses even more.