Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Strands

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Huku View Post
    I do not want to start stringing pearls and am more than happy to admire everybody else's creations but this did make me chuckle and for the first time I could almost 'feel' the pleasure of handling all those pearls!
    For me, it's the full-meal deal—tactile, auditory, visual. I suppose if I ate candy while stringing, then I could get the taste/smell senses involved, too. Haha!

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Cricketbug, I love your greenish south sea strand. Now we are pearl twins! It must be so lovely to pick out pearls by yourself, beautiful bracelet and I like the other strand as well. I have never tried the orbitclasp either, might have to order one next time I order tread. Beautiful work.

Thank you, Charlotta.

Picking out pearls was so fun! But also stressful, because my brother and sister-in-law were waiting for me to make up my mind. If I had been by myself, I would have looked (and touched, and tried on) a LOT more pearls. Haha!

There were pearls of varying sizes, colours and qualities just sitting in bowls in the display case. Some were strung; some were bracelets; some were earrings, etc. Looking through the bowl of Tahitians where I chose my pearl was super fun! I had quite a few picked out in a beauty line-up, then narrowed it down.

I wanted to try on strands, and just oooogle everything there! And there was another store downstairs that had endless amounts of gemstone strands and gemstone beads, and findings, etc. It was also fascinating and I could have spent hours there, too. I suppose it's good my family was with me or I might still be there. Hah.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CricketBug View Post
    For me, it's the full-meal deal—tactile, auditory, visual. I suppose if I ate candy while stringing, then I could get the taste/smell senses involved, too. Haha!
    Well, some, not all, freshly drilled keshi can supply the "smell" although not a pleasant one! What an delightful shopping trip; I'm envious.

Your new strands are just lovely, congratulations; thank you so much for sharing your thread color choices!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Cricketbug, I have only ever chosen vintage akoyas in person. At antique stores and such. Since I know what to look for and thay usually don't I got them for really good prices though.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

CricketBug, on the last strand I knotted, I was so focused on getting the thread back through the first 4 pearls that when I looked back at them, I had forgotten to knot between them. I started over again and did the exact same thing! Sometimes I get so focused on not messing up one thing that I mess up on something else.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Happy Huku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    Well, some, not all, freshly drilled keshi can supply the "smell" although not a pleasant one!
    Hehe, that's what came to my mind too!
    Happy Huku
    Queensland
    Australia