Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruckus 2019

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

Default Ruckus 2019

Hisano and I spent a bit of time discussing the ruckus this year and have decided that we are taking this year off. We are not going to host a ruckus this summer. The ruckus happens every year the weekend before our anniversary, so we've decided to spend some time traveling over the summer instead of planning the ruckus.

I'm sorry we are we are already six months out, but we decided to wait until after Hong Kong to be sure this is what we wanted to do this year.

This also means the next ruckus will have to be extra-epic

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Abi's Avatar

That's understandable Jeremy,
    Ruckus 2020 will be what I look forward to! Happy traveling!!
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

WHEW!!! I was thinking I needed to take this year off, too. Now I won't miss anything!

Jeremy and Hisano, you have a glorious, happy anniversary, and I'll see you next year. You deserve a year off.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-08-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

I'm very glad to know that you two will be having some needed and well deserved time off!
    Will miss the Ruckus festivities but yes that just means we can look forward to Ruckus 2010!!!
    So grateful to have had the opportunity to attend the ruckuses in the past, THANK YOU Jeremy & Hisano for all of the past AMAZING Ruckuses!

Haha coincidentally my Ruckus GSSP pair just came back from setting from PP today along with my Feb special loot. Will post pics on the other threads!

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Completely understandable. You both should take time for yourselves. I've spent enough money this year & really need to replenish my pearl fund.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

I greatly enjoyed the two ruckuses(?) I've been to, and I will certainly look forward to 2020. Thank you.! Have a great fun anniversary.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

You definitely deserve to have time off!!! Enjoy your trip and thank you for all you've done for us pearl gals and guys!

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Have the most wonderful time traveling and enjoying your time away. You will be able to celebrate and relax so much more without your travel being work-related! I am so appreciative of all your generosity and hospitality over the years. You definitely deserve a real vacation! ENJOY!!!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Wow! I was planning to come to ruckus this year as it is a milestone birthday year for me and I also am transitioning my practice to a new dentist and will have more free time. But..... now I can plan for 2020( save up the $!) and Jeremy, I wish you and Hisano a very Happy Anniversary.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member judimcc6's Avatar

Yes, I think we all think it is a good idea to spend some time on yourself and Hisano. You have been overwhelmingly gracious putting together the Ruckus for the last ten years. It is all good. Maybe even you can delegate some of the planning to others on P-G. We would all be up for contributing to the fun. I put myself on the list to help organize.
    Please post pictures of your travels...
    Judi McCormick
    Judi McCormick Studios
    www.judimccormickjewelry.com

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Octavia's Mom's Avatar

Extra epic - YEAH!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

I was busily plotting to attend the Ruckus this year, and yet, I'm also kind of thrilled that it will be next year—which allows for more time to get logistics ironed out and the Pearl Purse filled up more!

I hope you and Hisano have a wonderful anniversary celebration and get in some deep R&R.

Reading another post about the plural of Ruckus ("Ruckuses"), I'm thinking it might be "Rucki" (pronounced like Ruck-eye), given that the plural for hippopotamus is hippopotami.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

I am so grateful for every ruckus that I was able to attend. You and Hisano are enormously generous people. I treasure the exquisite pearls that I have able to purchase, but even more so, the wonderful pearl friends that I have made. My life has been so enriched. I never expected that there would necessarily be a ruckus every year, so thank you again for the ones that you hosted.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member juliebeth's Avatar

Jeremy and Hisano, y'all DESERVE a wonderful vacation! i so much appreciate all you do for this community, and have adored each and every Ruckus i've been able to attend (even Ruckuses that i did not, but got to live vicariously through this forum!). THANK YOU and have a great 2019 anniversary!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ill-sorted ephemera
    assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

The sanest decision yet from our Pearl King and Queen!!! I'm so glad you both decided to take a break. Your generosity in hosting these amazing Ruckuses will, and has, gone down in history. Thank you for the many beautiful memories and experiences!