Thread: The Pearl Games

Default The Pearl Games

I have a cultured pearl necklace and I was just curious how values have changed since 1988. I do have an appraisal for $1500 from that year but have not checked on value in the meantime. They have been tucked away for many years and I recently got curious in case I'd like to sell them.

Here is the description from the appraisal: One 30-inch strand of 6 x 6.5mm cultured pearls strung sections with knotted sections and 3 screw sections to be worn in different lengths. Rose' cast. Trademark - The Pearl Games.

Sorry for the blurry picture. Just including it for reference on how the necklace is put together.

Is there much of a market for something like this?Name:  thepearlgames.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  40.3 KB

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I've never heard of that brand and haven't found any information online about them. The hidden clasp is a nice touch that makes them more useful and versatile.

Generally my advice is to look at auction sites like eBay and search for sold listings of similar items -- that will give you an idea of what such an item may bring. However, pre-owned cultured pearls do not tend to hold their value unless they are a famous brand (particularly Mikimoto).
    Also the appraisal was for replacement value, which is always higher than resale value.

If you decide to list them you might try Loupe Troop or Diamond Bistro. Start with a higher price; you can always drop the price later. You will want to take better photos, including close ups so buyers can see the luster and surface cleanliness. Use a neutral white background and no flash.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had luck, either, finding out anything online. I'll look into those sites if I decide to list them.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Honora used to have a line called the pearl game that looked like this, made so you could change lengths based on your need for the day. The ones I remember were made with South Sea pearls. I think they were fairly pricey back in the early 2000s, which was when I first got into pearls. Try searching for Honora pearl game.

Thank you, aerinha. That gives me a good lead!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Intertesting aerinha! With that added information I found this image on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/192317846560404420/

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

How interesting! Some of my early freshwater pearls were from Honora, sold on QVC.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----