Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I'm so sorry- it can be devastating to lose a treasured personal item.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

This is awful to hear -- I hope you're able to recover them. Best wishes,

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Hi Abi. I'm glad to see you back here, but so sorry about the theft of your pearls ... that's distressing. Gentle hugs to you,
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Abi this is just terrible. You poor thing, what a shock that must have been when you saw your car. JP is quite right in naming it a violation. You didn't post a photo here or on PriceScope ? Did you send a photo to anyone ? Anything up in the cloud ? I do hope you are able to get them back. I'm so sorry this happened to you. xxk

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Abi's Avatar

Thank you Familiar and New PG family for your warm consolations, all of y'alls words really mean a lot.
    I went ahead and called some pawn shops, but they kept saying how I need to go through the police/new items are stored in a vault their managers have a key to and they don't, and they don't release that information, only to the police. Something about how they hold the item for 2-3 weeks before actually putting it on sale... and then they changed it and said it'll probably take 2-3 months...
    Pretty much the run around.
    I'm hoping to go to Tucson soon, and drop by a pawn shop in person.

The money we'll get back from the car ins we're planning on using for our deductible because it wasn't only the glass the thieves broke, but also part of the door.

I found a couple pictures, which I'll post soon.
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Abi's Avatar

This was a pearl bathName:  Screenshot_20190105-163127_Instagram.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  197.9 KB

And this was an evolution of the strand, where I added and removed Pearl's to my liking.
    Name:  IMG5379650376025827022.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  129.2 KB
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Honestly this is why I suggested you email them versus cold calling. Even still, they may choose to ignore your email, but if they reply...you then have a copy of the communications. All of this can serve as supporting documentation for the police.

If you are set on calling around versus emailing them, I also suggest looking up local regulations for pawnshops in your area, if you are going to call and they give you the run around you can cite the appropriate regulations/legal requirements they are subjected to follow. Key holder or not, they are obligated to know these regulations... taking in/trafficking in stolen merchandise is bad business, and it happens a lot. Granted there are shops that are shady and do it anyway, but generally speaking it is not in their best interest to trade in stolen merchandise and those regulations are there to help protect the shop's liability and assist the potential victim and assist the police in recovering merchandise.
    Last edited by BlackPearlDudeDC; 01-17-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

The fact that you worked to improve the strand, to make it just the way you wanted it, makes it so hard to lose it. I have a favorite strand I did that with, too.

The little gold (or gold filled) beads between some of the pearls is a distinguishing feature.

I hope you find the pearls.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Happy Huku's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your smash and grab, very upsetting to lose such treasured pearls.
    Do hope they are found somehow, somewhere.
    Happy Huku
    Queensland
    Australia