First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

Default Pearl Vendor/Store in Honolulu?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this post. Please move it, if needed.

We are feeling fortunate to be in Hawaii for a week or so (right now!), and Iím curious if there are recommendations for a store/shope/market for pearls in around Honolulu. My hubby is likely feeling a disturbance in The Force, even as I write. LOL!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

jeg could give you the answer on this! Lucky you

Aloha Pearls in Kanoehe 30 miles from Honolulu. 46-003 Alaloa Street next to Enterprise Rental Car. Open Monday - Saturday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Also has a wonderful site on Etsy. Very beautiful pearls. Many kinds. Tahitians, Akoyas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    jeg could give you the answer on this! Lucky you

Thanks, @Marianne. Please advise who jeg is.

Quote Originally Posted by sobellejanet View Post
    Aloha Pearls in Kanoehe 30 miles from Honolulu. 46-003 Alaloa Street next to Enterprise Rental Car. Open Monday - Saturday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Also has a wonderful site on Etsy. Very beautiful pearls. Many kinds. Tahitians, Akoyas, etc.
    Thank you, @sobellejanet! Much appreciated!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

CricketBug, Jeg is a long time pearl collector and poster here on Pearl Guide. She travels a lot in Hawaii, and I'm sure she'll come along with some more tips if she's near her computer. Meanwhile, enjoy Hawaii!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Aloha CricketBug!

Aloha Pearls has a huge selection of loose pearls and temporary strands if you make your own jewelry. Not so much as far as finished jewelry. I have seen their pearls at shows, but haven’t been to their Kaneohe location yet.

My favorite place to see pearl jewelry is at the shows because so many local artists participate. Unfortunately, I don’t think anything is going on this week. Mark Kane (Kaneshiro) uses the most beautiful pearls in his designs. A few jewelry stores carry his work, but I think they are mostly on the other islands.

Other than that, there are many stores. Na Hoku and Maui Divers/Island Pearls are everywhere. Maui Divers will send their van to pick you up anywhere in Waikiki to take you to their design center. They design all their own jerwelry and have a showroom there.

There are a couple kiosks and stores on the same level as Duke’s in the Outrigger. Have a Hula Pie at Duke’s while you’re up there. (Huge Mac nut ice cream slice with hot fudge)

There are a couple kiosks at Ala Moana Mall. More fun than high quality. Macy’s at the mall, also has pearls in their fine jewelry department. Also, some of the resorts have jewelry stores. The fun thing is seeing all the Tahitians and SS, that you don’t see in jewelry stores on the mainland.

If you’re in Waikiki, you’ll see pearls in many stores. Quality varies.

Pm me if you’d like suggestions on places to eat and have a fantastic time!
    Last edited by jeg; 01-07-2019 at 04:53 AM.