Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Sulema, I'm so sorry for your unhappy experience with the pearls and seller. I think he just should have just sent you a refund but evidently he preferred to be unpleasant about it. Forget about him and take the lessons you've learned and apply them the next time. I know the pearls are smaller than you wanted, but I'll bet they're delicately feminine and I'm sure you've seen many photos people have posted of their tiny pearl necklaces. I'm sure you will find a way to make them into something you'll enjoy wearing.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Also I hope that you do not give this seller a good review, people like this should not interact with other people in any way. Namecalling like this is not acceptable, maybe you could reach out to etsy and start a case (I don't know if etsy does this). I know ebay does, ones I bought a pair of vintage akoya studs on ebay, they were plastic and I did return them. The seller complained a lot and said that they were real, but ebay refunded my money (this was before the split between PayPal and ebay). The seller then relisted the studs as real again...mostly everybody I buy from on both ebay and etsy are really nice. I hope that you can forget this horrid person and still enjoy the pearls, once restrung. You could add a pendant on them or remove the largest pearl and put another bigger pearl there, maybe a tahitian.
    Name:  _20190206_093520.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  110.0 KB
    On this necklace I added a pincup to the tahitian pearl and put it in the middle of the stand. I didn't knot this since the drillholes on the tiny freshwaters were to small. But with akoyas you could do that. You might have to use the smallest size of Beaders secret on these, sometimes my smaller akoyas have really small drillholes as well.
    Last edited by Charlotta; 02-06-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Sulema - thank you for the lovely lovely compliments ! I'm blushing !! Very sweet of you - I find photographing items to be so difficult that I have to force myself to do it.

Now, your problem... that guy is a jerk. Send him your address as you paid for them, you may as well have them. I'm sure you can , as Pattye said, work them into something else or use them as a present. You can get two bracelets , just divide up the pearls so each has equal sizes and knot them up.. or add some pearls and mix the sizes all up... just play around with them. As Charlotta suggested, a pendant may be possible. But don't let him keep them and resell them... why should he double his money.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Simply adorned's Avatar

Sulema, so sorry to read about the loss of your friend.
    I have never had to deal with a bad seller on Etsy (or been one), but I read about issues on the forum. You can definitely contact Etsy and PayPal (if you paid that way) , donít delete your conversations with this very unpleasant person who you have had the unfortunately bad experience with. Hopefully Etsy can help with refund for you and you can share his very poor communication skills with Etsy too. Also mail from BC to Ontario should be around 5 days for lettermail.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Sulema,

So sorry to hear of your horrible experience; in time you will be able to put it behind you. Your story is one of the worst I've heard.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Sounds like the seller was very unprofessional. I would definitely report him to etsy. I don't know if there is anything that can be done to make this right, but if something is not as stated on ebay, you can file a claim through them and they will either refund your money or make the seller refund it if you and the seller cannot reach an agreement. I hope you find something similar on etsy. Name calling is not acceptable. He should not be selling.

Sweet pearl friends,

Thank you, everyone for your condolences, words of encouragement and wonderful ideas for turning the tiny pearl necklace into a pendant or double strand bracelet. I could also gift it to my neice. They are all wonderful ideas.

Please accept my apologies for disappearing- over the past few weeks, I have been trying to help my deceased friend's family, providing support as best I could. I'm also in school full-time and this time of the year brings a whirlwind of assignments and mid-terms; students joke there's a conspiracy amoung prof's to innundate us with exams and papers all due at the same time.

I've felt so uplifted by PG's members, in sharing my experience and the support everyone showed, learning about pearls and admiring all the different kinds and ways they can be worn (there's just something so magical about them isn't there?).

Okay, I have some wonderful news to share: I was recently gifted stunning, beautiful pearls! It was so unexpected, and so generous, I've just been completely humbled by this heartfelt gift. <3 I am now the proud owner of the most lovely, lustrous Akoya strand I've ever seen! This sweet soul even included a Kamoka bracelet for my little guy (who's also developed a keen interest in pearls) and a freshwater strand for my neice! Talk about faith in humanity! I'm tickled pink. There are so many kind and loving people out there, and I am beyond blessed to have met one.

I must share a pic of my little one admiring his bracelet. He has not taken it off since receiving it. Hopefully once we get some better light I can post better pictures. Its been a winter vortex in Ontario these past few weeks (if you can believe it the kids have been off school 5 days this year)!

Name:  20190211_180828.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  71.6 KB
    Name:  20190213_194807.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  45.2 KB
    Last edited by sulema; 02-14-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Sulema- how gorgeous! And with that kind gift the Universe rights itself. It really just takes one kind soul to uplift our hearts. Good luck in your studies.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Abi's Avatar

What a beautiful happy ending! Beautiful pearls Sulema, I look forward to the neck shots
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Sulema, what a happy ending ending to your sad tale!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

What a beautiful story and a happy ending! If I was your son, I'd be staring at my wrist all day, too!!! That's lovely.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Simply adorned's Avatar

Sulema, you have definitely experienced very diverse experiences of people and pearls. May you, your son and niece enjoy your beautiful new pearls, rejoicing in their beauty and the kindness of new friend(s).

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

This seems to be a case of "all's well that ends well"! Enjoy your new pearls.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

What a lovely gift.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Sulema, Beautiful gifts, with hope for more delightful pearly experiences with your forum friends here.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----