Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member annie's Avatar

Default Tahitian and lavendar freshwater combination...

Hello,

Iím thinking about a project and would like input. I have a circle Tahitian necklace that Iíd like to lengthen. By chance the other day, I laid it on my vanity next to a lavender freshwater strand. Now Iím thinking about adding lavender freshwater pearls to the Tahitian. Iím not sure if I want to add a lavender pearl between every Tahitian pearl or at some random interval.

Iíve included pictures of
    • the circle Tahitian strand (described as peacock, blue, and cherry overtones, and graduated from 9.0 to 11.8 mm),
    • a metallic lavender freshwater necklace (AAA and 7.5 to 8.0 mm)[from PurePearls), and
    • a white to lavender freshwater ombre strand (AAA and 6.5 to 7.0 mm).

Iím not keen to take either freshwater necklace a part. Therefore, I intend to buy another lavender freshwater bracelet or necklace from PearlParadise. Iíve banned myself from any new purchasesÖbut I have enough pearl points for something for this project so it doesnít count. Lol

Any thoughts on the lavender with the Tahitian strand?

What about size of the freshwater pearl?

Also does anyone have any input on AAA vs Freshadama for this project? I have limited experience with freshwater pearls.

Name:  IMG_7355.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7356.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  81.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7357.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  82.8 KB

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Have you tried wearing them layered, to see if you like colors together on your skin?
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 12-28-2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: typo

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Those are beautiful Tahitians with a lot of reddish overtones. I would look into getting some deep red garnet rondelles and using those as spacers. probably with multiples rather than singles, but it all depends on what you get. Garnet strands can be inexpensive, depending on the quality.

Personally, I'm not keen on the lavender with these particular Tahitians. What is pleasing are the reddish tones in those particular lavenders, but not every lavender strand will have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Have you tried wearing them layered, so see if you like colors together on your skin?
    No but I will do that tomorrow. Thank you, this is a good suggestion.
    Last edited by annie; 12-28-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Those are beautiful Tahitians with a lot of reddish overtones. I would look into getting some deep red garnet rondelles and using those as spacers. probably with multiples rather than singles, but it all depends on what you get. Garnet strands can be inexpensive, depending on the quality.

Personally, I'm not keen on the lavender with these particular Tahitians. What is pleasing are the reddish tones in those particular lavenders, but not every lavender strand will have those.
    BWeaves TNT strand had me thinking about beads earlier. I had considered tourmaline beads but not garnets. I don't have any gemstone beads but I have some loose faceted garnets and tourmalines. I'll set those with the strand tomorrow to get a feel for the look.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

For many years I've often used gemstone smooth rondelles with baroque pearls and it works very well. I am not a fan of mixing the lavender in with the Tahitians but like the idea of trying them layered. I'd pick up on the colours in the pearls and choose a gemstone colour that you like ... light or dark Amethyst , red or green Tourmaline or a moss Aqua ? Sometimes you can find a mixed strand of gemstones so you could try out a few colours .

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I think I'd like to see them worn layered first, before mixing the lavenders in with the Tahitians.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

So many good suggestions here for these colorful Tahitians! How much more length do you want? I'm a fan of gemstones or Tahitian keshi as spacers. If your garnets worked, that would be cool and a beautiful compliment to the cherry tones! Or the tourmalines ~
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Good Suggestion Pattye... the Tahitian Keshi would work really well with the baroque.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I made a circled Tahitian wired wrapped strand with little faceted garnets. The garnets really brought out the aubergine in the pearls. I tried to search for the photos of them on this forum but couldn't figure out how to find them.

amti,
    If you have ever posted a photo you should be able to locate the photo in your attachments.

Click on "Go Advanced", then click on "Manage Attachments". Icons of all your photos will show up. Then you have to figure out which one it is! I name all my photos so I can find them more easily.

However I think I have found what you are looking for.
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...l=1#post163408

I'll drag the photos from that post over in my next post below.

I found it by searching by Advanced Search (click on the icon of the magnifying glass at the top right of the page.) I selected the tab that reads "Search single content type", used keyword "garnets" and username "amti", then "Show Results as posts".

And I just want to add that your necklace looks amazing! The garnets go so well with the Tahitian colors.
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 12-29-2018 at 05:38 AM.

I dragged amti's photos over so everyone can see them in the context of this thread. Beautiful necklace!

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    So many good suggestions here for these colorful Tahitians! How much more length do you want? I'm a fan of gemstones or Tahitian keshi as spacers. If your garnets worked, that would be cool and a beautiful compliment to the cherry tones! Or the tourmalines ~
    I'm not set on a particular length yet. However, I don't have many necklaces between 24 and 30 inches - so I have this length in mind.

Everyone, thank you for all the feedback and suggestions!

It is gloomy and cloudy here. I’ll take a neck shot (when I get some good light) with the strands worn together.

Pearl Dreams, thank you for the wire wrap picture! It was helpful to see the pearls with garnets.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Thanks PD! Those are the pearls! I don't rename any of my attachments so I really have zero idea how to go about finding a photo. The icons appear with no picture when I go to my attachments so I really should get into the habit of renaming my photos before adding them as attachments.