Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Andrew M's Avatar

That strand is "meh" in the box, and it just turns into a completely different piece when worn! I think it's great.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

To me, T's are always disappointing looking in the box, and really come alive on the neck.

I think the American Pearl T's are very well matched. However, my taste is not to the well-matched T's. I like the multicolored ones, and the baroque and banded ones and the more pastel ones, because they show more color. It comes down to, "Do you like them?" If they don't knock your socks off, send them back. If they're just what you always wanted, keep them. If they're what you thought you wanted, but they just don't thrill you, send them back. There are other strands.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member judimcc6's Avatar

Photography of Tahitians is so so difficult, especially when we are all talking about the experienced differences that we like to know. What you are wearing can easily be reflected in a good luster pearl, as well as the background wall color! I do my own pro photography and use a telephoto lens to get as far away from the pearl as possible so I don't influence any of the overtones. Also, incandescent lighting is deadly for pearls. That yellow overtone can kill any Tahitian. Sometimes, I put my pearls on a mirror to show more that just the frontal side.
    Name:  IMG_0667.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  60.8 KBName:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  81.8 KB
    Judi McCormick
    Judi McCormick Studios
    www.judimccormickjewelry.com

Ha! I can see my studio lights in the earrings photo. Oops.
    Judi McCormick
    Judi McCormick Studios

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

J- Still looks good to me! I've always like the mirror technique, it is almost like a 360 view.

Quote Originally Posted by judimcc6 View Post
    Ha! I can see my studio lights in the earrings photo. Oops.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Talking

I have ordered 3 more pairs of earrings, so I will have 4 pairs to compare here soon!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

That strand is really pretty . Looks absolutely wonderful on you ! And the you tube video shows how nice the surface is - totally agree with Red.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Tahitian overtones are tough, because they are hard to see in direct light and tend to only pop in indirect or dim light. Both your earrings and your necklace are very high luster (and the necklace looks great on you) and don't have many (if any) visible blemishes. They also both have a really pretty green body colour. Hard to say if the earrings are peacock. If you bought them together, it's likely that they matched the earrings to your strand (which looks like it has a green overtone to me). But if you don't love them, send them back.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Judi, those earrings are amazing!!!
    Etsy Shop: Ocean's Cove
    Instagram: Ocean's Cove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: Ocean's Cove

Why, thank you, Jersey Pearl...
    Judi McCormick
    Judi McCormick Studios

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

If you bought them together, it's likely that they matched the earrings to your strand
    I think we have two different people -- VR1 ordered the studs, and Silhouette ordered the strand. But the first pair of studs look like they would go well with the necklace.

Okay! I am ready for the first comparison of the studs! I am still waiting for 2 more, but I think a process of elimination will be easier. I am underwhelmed in today’s arrival from POJ.

Name:  D241D2C2-83C8-4EE1-A3EC-34A790AED61C.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  71.4 KB. These from POJ look blah to me, even though they did give me a green gray color. I asked for green peacock. They don’t seem like AAA to me, compared to the American Pearl.

Name:  DDA955D6-2F87-4265-89D7-4090CDCD41E8.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  67.1 KB This is my first pair from American Pearl. They are a bit smaller but look bigger to me because of the luster. Also, they look like a blueish gray and silver to me and are more mysterious. They have really grown on me, although they are not the peacock I was looking for. They also look more silver and blue with my skin tone.

Name:  F4D03B70-5B6A-443B-8B03-4A4FB450F8BA.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  85.4 KB Here they are side by side.

I will be receiving 2 peacock from PP that I chose from pictures.

I can’t wait to see your opinions. I am a pearl collector, but no expert like many of you, so maybe I am not looking at them correctly.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Andrew M's Avatar

I like the AP color better, but you should really put them both on something white/cream at the very least when you compare -- the black velvet boxes just eat up luster.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I agree with Andrew.. put them on a white paper towel or cloth . Based on your photos I much prefer the colour and lustre of the AP.

And Judi - I love those earrings !

Name:  2E93CB20-BCE2-4159-AB4A-5BB6B1980C28.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  24.8 KB. AP on left, POJ right

I learned about backgrounds here before. I did take a few pics with white paper background earlier, but both looked liked metal beads, no matter what light I used. Tonight they look a little better. I still love how the AP pearls look bigger because of the luster, even though they are a bit smaller.