Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

Beautiful pearls and a great size on you! Congratulations!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Those are perfect on you. Gorgeous color.

Thank you to all!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Now that's my colour ! I love the bright mid greens in all the various tones ! They are beautiful pearls ( my preference is the left pair as well) with fabulous lustre . Perfect !

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Octavia's Mom's Avatar

Gorgeous! The greens love me too!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I know what you mean about studs making your face light up. I love studs for the same reason!

Those look great on you-- even if the camera can't quite capture the color you see in person.

So I just received my latest “AAA” pearl, this time a pendant from AP. (Pearl purchase #14). This forum )you all) have helped me know what I like and why I like it. This pendant was reasonably priced, but I will return it because I am not thrilled. I have learned that if pearls don’t wow me with color, luster and halo, I won’t like it later, and certainly won’t get excited about wearing it. If I think “meh” when I first see it, I now say “no”. . Name:  DCED87C5-89BF-4578-A0E1-913B2BEC2347.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  83.4 KBThe pearls I like are on the left (TahitiPearlsDesigner, my latest studs), middle top Macy’s pearl (cheap but I like it!), and right my first AP purchase studs. I am now starting to think that I got lucky with the AP studs because I have not liked my subsequent pearl purchases from them. The middle bottom is my latest AP pendant. I kept asking myself why I don’t like it? Because it seems lifeless to me, like that oil coating I’ve read people describe here. It actually looks like a FP pearl when I wear it.

Name:  D924D208-E5A6-4315-B817-C72D76108878.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  79.4 KB
    Here it is again on the right compared to another pendant that I bought in the Virgin Islands years ago. (Left). The VI pearl has that halo that I like and the color is more interesting. Is it Peacock?

By the way, I don’t mean to own this thread with my tales. Others are free to post too!
    Last edited by VR1; 05-11-2019 at 08:00 PM.

I like the color gradient on your Virgin Islands pendant more too. I would think of it as peacock.

Well they all have nice lustre , the VI pearl looks like a drop with a circle near the top , nice colour. The AP pedant is nice lustre but a solid colour.
    I like the colour of theTPD studs but is that a flaw on the face or a reflection ?

In the end there isn't a right or wrong..it's just what you like and it seems like you are getting to be a much better judge of your colours !

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Well they all have nice lustre , the VI pearl looks like a drop with a circle near the top , nice colour. The AP pedant is nice lustre but a solid colour.
    I like the colour of theTPD studs but is that a flaw on the face or a reflection ?

In the end there isn't a right or wrong..it's just what you like and it seems like you are getting to be a much better judge of your colours !
    Yes, the TPD studs have a few flaws but they are not visible unless you look closely, and they are mostly on the back of the pearl. They were honest and showed them in the pics. I don’t even notice them. I am growing to love color and luster more than needing a perfect face.

I'm with you, VR1-- I value luster and color over perfect surface.

I'm glad they photo'd them for you , the sign of a good seller ! I love the colour and lustre and a ding or two on the backside makes no difference aesthetically .

My story will be continued. I ordered another pair of studs and a pendant, all from Etsy! I’ve got the fever. I had better stop after this!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR1 View Post
    My story will be continued. I ordered another pair of studs and a pendant, all from Etsy! I’ve got the fever. I had better stop after this!
    Laughed at "got the fever" and can totally relate. ... this is how it all starts!

I'm all about colour and lustre, with blemishes and shape being lower on the list. I hope you share the rest of your pearl haul when they arrive!

Hi again! I received 1 of my 2 new purchases today from Etsy. These studs are from a vintage shop. They looked beautiful in the pics, but I was not wow’d when I opened the box. They were described as pistachio peacock green. One is 10.8mm and the other 10.6mm, as described.
    I thought “meh” again when I opened the box. I did not find them colorful or very lustrous.

The store does not normally accept returns and if they did, would charge a restocking fee. I don’t want any jewelry that I won’t wear (already have a ton of that). The owner was SUPER nice and wanted to see if a lower price would make a difference. I was going to say not really, but she offered to refund me 35%. They were already reasonably priced and at 35% a real deal (14k too). We made a happy compromise. What do you think? They were a real deal compared to all the other studs that I returned!

I am starting to like them more. Maybe I will wear for everyday activities like going to the supermarket, lol. They are a nice size!Name:  CB7FAAD0-B2D8-4960-9E88-F788E171DCF7.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  59.1 KB There they are in the middle. I compare everything to my other 2 pairs that I like.
    Name:  DFF57790-723E-4E9D-8212-F1C6494C13F3.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  5256FF8F-D385-4BC7-B848-A05F210D48FB.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  55.7 KB Well, here they are compared to my first studs from 15 years ago (which are my duds compared to my current taste). I mostly wear them to go on errands or just to match a particular pendant. Now I have a second pair for every day, nothing fancy, wear.

From now on I will only buy with a liberal return policy.
    Last edited by VR1; 05-14-2019 at 04:37 AM.