Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sorry for sending so many photos earlier. I tried to delete the fuzzy ones but could not.

So here is what I did. I ordered a pair from Pearl Paradise and gave them my specifics. I asked for a pic before sending, but may not receive. I know they have free shipping and free returns, so that makes it easier. I will wait and then decide! I will post the pics here! Meanwhile, I will email American Pearl and let them know that the pearls I received are not considered peacock. Who knows? Maybe they will offer free return and exchange?

As far as a spot on the American Pearl earrings I received, I do not see one, but my eyes may not be as sharp as yours.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I’m not seeing the peacock either, but they are lovely pearls. However, if they’re not what you really want, I would send them back and check your options with the other venders

I ordered another pair of "AAA" medium to dark peacock green earrings, this time from Pearls of Joy! They have free shipping both ways too. So now I will be able to compare my pearls from Pearl Paradise, American Pearl and Pearls of Joy! I will be sure to post pics of all 3 here! How exciting!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Andrew M's Avatar

Looking forward to that comparison, for sure, VR1!

Okay, I have some comparisons!! Just received some pics from PP. I want 10mm, med-dark peacock green. However, in the meantime, I am growing to like my first pearls (“True AAA”) from American Pearl. They have beautiful luster and are growing on me. OMG, if I fall in love with 2 pairs, I could wind up getting both. ��. Opinions? Which of the 10mm PP pearls are the nicest. I cannot tell from the pic.

Here are my first pearls which I am starting to love. Name:  AFDFCDDA-67D2-4668-B720-0758911548B9.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  43.4 KB

I don’t know why I cannot post the second pic. I’ll try in next message.

Please see my post right above and tell me if your opinion is changing about the first pearls. Darn, I don’t know why I could not attach the PP jpeg pic, so I just took a picture of it with my phone. I know you can’t tell anything from this. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

Name:  CEF193CC-06E5-45F7-BE06-903B79EA7EA2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  60.4 KB

Edit: I guess the pics were sent in a way that I cannot copy them. Anyway, I chose #2, 4 and 7 (from the top) as the ones that have the most pink and green. (You cannot see in this pic). I asked which of those has the most luster. That will be the pair that I choose. I am still waiting for the pearls from POJ.
    Last edited by VR1; 12-14-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I said before that I think they are very pretty pearls, great lustre. In this photo I'm seeing some red but not sure if it's a reflection. Please do post the photos of the pairs next to each other !!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR1 View Post
    Sorry for sending so many photos earlier. I tried to delete the fuzzy ones but could not.
    To delete photos, click on the Go Advanced button that's to the right of the Post Quick Reply button.
    Then click in the Manage Attachments button.
    Then in the new window that opens up look at the Attachments section at the bottom of that window.
    Hover your mouse cursor over each of the boxes at the bottom of the window and there will be a little X in the upper right corner of each box. Click the X and the box disappears, and so will the photo.

The problem I have is that I cannot tell which photos I'm deleting, so I just delete them all in that bottom section.

Then I go back to the regular text section and delete the attachments in this text section, and then save and make sure all the photos are gone.
    Then I go back in and readd them.

I have the same dilemma but with a strand of Tahitian necklace. Initial impression was that I got a dark grey necklace with a couple of pearls having the peacock color I wanted. I also got a strand from Pure Pearls but it was very light and silvery so I returned that already. Take a look at these pictures and give me some opinions. I liked the third picture the best. Wearing the necklace does help with the color a lot. Name:  IMG_3298.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  147.8 KBName:  IMG_3299.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  91.7 KBName:  IMG_3317.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  82.0 KBName:  IMG_3319.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  87.3 KB

First-graft Pearl Senior Member annie's Avatar

VR1, I think your original pearls are very pretty...just not really peacock.

Silhouette, The pearls look nice in the picture you are wearing them. They look to have nice luster. Perhaps it is the fact you have on a green sweater, but the overtone looks green to me.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

The pearl strand seems to come to life on your neck! It's beautiful!

Here's a link to a video if anybody wants to see the necklace up close. Shot on a iPhone XS Max in my living room with natural sunlight. I think my favorite pearl is the second left pearl from the clasp. I thought that was the one that kinda look like peacock to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGQDvgUjnk

Link to American Pearl website of the strand I got. I actually got a really good deal on it when it was on sale for 25% off plus additional 20% off from code.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Here's a link to a video if anybody wants to see the necklace up close. Shot on a iPhone XS Max in my living room with natural sunlight. I think my favorite pearl is the second left pearl from the clasp. I thought that was the one that kinda look like peacock to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGQDvgUjnk

Link to American Pearl website of the strand I got. I actually got a really good deal on it when it was on sale for 25% off plus additional 20% off from code.
    I watched your video. The strand is beautiful. They seem like they have green overtones...to my eyes. Interestingly, the American Pearl description calls them green. However the heading says peacock.

If the color is not what you want, I'd send them back and keep looking for a peacock strand.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

I think that is an extremely well matched strand that looks absolutely stunning on you. That is what counts, not how it looks in the box. Gorgeous green overtones.