Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cmd2014 View Post
    VR1, I have decided that I am also not a fan of peacock tahitians under most lighting conditions. They just never look colourful to me. What I DO love are light body coloured tahitians that have intense body colours in the silver/blue/blue-green range. They seem to show their colour better regardless of whether they are in dim diffuse light or bright natural direct light. Perhaps what you need to look for are Tahitians with body colours that you like rather than overtones. As an example, my favourite earrings from AP are very blue green in body colour, and it's only in certain types of diffuse light that the peacock overtone (which is what I bought them as) shows up.
    Thank you, cmd. After ordering 12 pearls over a 6 month period, I think I have learned that I am not a peacock fan in most cases. That took a heck of a lot of trouble to learn, but now I know. I’m glad I got the AP studs out of it. So now I am waiting for my green pendant from AP and bright green studs from Etsy vendor. I hope these will be better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Personally I prefer brighter colours - anything from the light greens/blues to the mid tones . Only a great pair of Aubergine can tempt me to the dark side
    Yes, I think I have figured out that I like brighter colors too. It’s hard to order online when you don’t really know what a color or type is called. I hope I will be more successful from now on.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by VR1 View Post
    Yes, I think I have figured out that I like brighter colors too. It’s hard to order online when you don’t really know what a color or type is called. I hope I will be more successful from now on.
    I think you need to request more photos from whomever is selling the pearls.... the more photos the more likely you will come to grips with the colour. It may help to have a photo taken next to other pearls so you can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    I think you need to request more photos from whomever is selling the pearls.... the more photos the more likely you will come to grips with the colour. It may help to have a photo taken next to other pearls so you can compare.
    This is why I like looking on Etsy. The vendors display lots of pictures of the exact pearl. I can compare to their other pearls that are listed. I just purchased my first pearl from there and I am very happy.

Finally I am happy! Here is my latest purchase from an Etsy vendor. They are not peacock, but I think I am giving up that search in favor of pearls with strong and vivid body colors. I realize this was a gamble because the vendor is an Australian company located in the Virgin Islands. I had to wait almost 2 weeks for it to arrive. Anyway, as soon as I opened the box I was happy. I was prepared to see another set of dull and common pearls, but I was thrilled to see color.

Here they are on left, my AP studs on right. What do you think? I know I cannot ever capture the color but this is as good as I can get. The pearls always look dark in my photos, but oh well!!!. Name:  8824E72E-A274-423B-8B0A-5A3409040141.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  80.9 KB.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Very cool! Is this by any means TahitiPearlsdesigner? They were in Australia but moved to St. Barts.
    They have gorgeous and colorful pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Very cool! Is this by any means TahitiPearlsdesigner? They were in Australia but moved to St. Barts.
    They have gorgeous and colorful pearls.
    Yes, it is them! I find their descriptions honest and accurate. I also like being able to compare within their large inventory.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

VR1,

Yay, you've figured out that body color is what counts for you; lovely earrigs!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Ear shot please!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I like the pair on the left better, too.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Very pretty pearls! I’ve bought a couple of pairs of studs from Tahitipearlsdesigner and have been very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Ear shot please!
    Here we go! I love the teal color in them! My previous pics did not show the color much.
    I love studs! 10mm is my preferred size.
    Name:  FB404D99-319C-4F25-96BB-83F59FB77B06.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  187.4 KBName:  CB185892-614C-4CAA-A6A9-35EDCD8CFE18.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  168.3 KB
    Last edited by VR1; 05-01-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Oh yes! That color totally suits you! And the size is good.

I like wearing 10-11mm pearls studs best.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Beeeautiful! They really suit you.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Those studs look amazing. They're great with your skin tone.