Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: My pearls

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Thank you Abi.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Beautiful work, Charlotta! I love the tin cup. They're great when it's too hot to wear a full strand. You have been very busy with your pearls! Your kitten story reminds me of when my oldest Rottweiler was a puppy & would "help" with the laundry. I would be putting items in the dryer & she would take them out & pile them on the floor. At 10 yrs old, she will still help with the laundry but now she will pick up a piece from the basket & hold it for me to put in the washer.

86Corvettegirl, so there might be hope for kitten yet. Maybe she will be less destructive when grown. I have never had a kitten this wild before though, but she is so very funny mostly we forgive her.

There's always hope. She will probably calm down when she gets older but will likely still be playful. At least she's not trying to eat your pearls.

Well she did steal some loose pearls and bounced them on the floor in the middle of the night. It was the smelly freshwater keshis that I was airing out. Had to get up and save them. On the other hand she did find a tiny akoya that I dropped and couldn't find.

Took some photos of all my tincups.
    Name:  _20190210_190046.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  111.0 KB
    From the right : greenish south seas, white baroque south seas, drop tahitians, baroque circled slightly bigger tahitians and lastly 2 tincups with smaller greener circled tahitians.
    Name:  _20190210_190024.jpg
Size:  82.8 KB
    Name:  _20190210_190115.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  88.6 KB
    The last one is my practice tincup. The very first. I found it yesterday. I used my worst south sea pearls and tahitians. The south sea pearl have white spots and the tahitians are very blemished. I started in one end with white south seas, when I didn't have any more i continued with the tahitians. It have sort of an ombre effect.
    Name:  _20190210_185954.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  64.0 KB
    It looks better in the lightbox than it does in real life. I don't ever wear this one.
    Name:  _20190210_190008.jpg
Size:  59.1 KB

Loving those tin cups!!!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

I know what you mean about wrapper's fatigue, Charlotta! So hard to quit when you are on a roll. A handy man not-husband sounds ideal

Thank you 86Corvettegirl and Marianne. Yes Marianne, a handyman is ideal, though he sort of ruined dinner today when I was late from work. I am trying to save the food. Guess you cannot get everything.

I love your tin cups Charlotta- they are beautiful. I would definitely wear your practice tin-cups. They would be the perfect summer pearls for me when I am enjoying nature's beauty that is made perfect by not being perfect.

Thank you Gemandpearllover. It's not the fact that the pearls are not perfect on the practice tincup that bothers me, it the dull spots on the south sea pearls. They completely lack luster in some parts. It's, more visible in real life. I like the graduation though and might make one with other pearls, I also like the big lobsterclasp in one end. It's like a lariat, you can put the lobsterclasp anywhere

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Well you are getting quite a collection ! Well done ! They look great , If you like the Tahitians in the practice one, just switch out a few of the WSS that bother you. That's one thing I love about the wire wrapped pieces..so easy to change things around !

Katbran, the tahitians in my practice tincup is pretty bad as well. The lightbox makes them look better. The surface is very blemished. But somehow they don't look as bad on the photos.

My new peacock tahitian studs arrived from Wendy at Pearlescence. Gorgeous luster. They are green with aubergine overtones, 10,9mm. Just beautiful.
    Name:  _20190214_183125.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  33.8 KB
    With my white south sea strand from Cees.
    Name:  _20190214_182532.jpg
Size:  50.2 KB
    Name:  _20190214_182555.jpg
Size:  62.1 KB

Beautiful luster & color!!!