Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: My pearls

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Today akoya keshistrand from Pearlescence, mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove and a new victorian silver locket with grapes on it from Vintageatmums on etsy. I love this locket.
    Name:  _20190206_110300.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  70.9 KB
    The locket is accually quit shiny, it looks a bit strange in the photo.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Lovely pieces ! I Find Silver hard to photograph as you often get the black reflection. I took a photo of ball studs once and they looked black!
    Beautiful studs and the little Akoya are so sweet... and that locket is gorgeous!!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

How lovely, Charlotta! The grapes touch my heart ~ my family farm grew grapes, for both juice and wine. The keshi chain is lovely and so useful.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Thank you Katbran and Pattye. I was surprised about how difficult it was to photograph silver.

Last weekend I restrung 3 of my ropes. I wanted to have them endless, without clasps. I had to refresh my memory since I haven't done this in years. Pearldreams tread was a big help. I restrung my white and grey tahitian and south sea strand with Beaders secret in fog.
    Name:  _20190209_171424.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  61.3 KB
    Then I restrung my white south sea rope from Pearlescence and my drop tahitian rope from PearlParadise and Wen Pearls. I used Beaders secret in ivory and forest on those 2.
    Name:  _20190209_171449.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  _20190209_171509.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  65.7 KB
    Now I really need more Beaders secret in ivory since I finished my second one, but swedish customs have it as hostage for now...

Today I made a tincup out of some of my remaining greenish south sea pearls from Kongspearl. I put the middle pearl on a lobsterclasp so that I can exchange it.
    Name:  _20190209_171129.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  _20190209_171157.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  44.4 KB
    With my alligator Thomas Sabo charm.
    Name:  _20190209_171217.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  55.0 KB
    I then made a bunch of pearlcharms with lobsterclasps. This one is a tahitian pearl, the biggest one from the baroque tahitians I bought from Cees.
    Name:  _20190209_171234.jpg
Size:  55.5 KB
    With the charms I made and the alligator.
    Name:  _20190209_171256.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  60.4 KB
    And without alligator.
    Name:  _20190209_171315.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB
    With my greenish strand.
    Name:  _20190209_171336.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  60.4 KB
    Name:  _20190209_171405.jpg
Size:  59.7 KB
    The alligator charm is a favorite of mine. I often wear it on a silver chain, especially in the summer when it's sometimes to hot to wear strands.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Oh how wonderful!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I love those green ssps, esp the tin cup! I bought an entire spool of Ivory BS from Pattye a few years ago and use it often, for things other than pearls!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Wow you have been a busy bee !! They all look wonderful and the pale green SS are gorgeous !

Thank you lisa c, amti and Katbran. I am thinking of buying a big spool of Beaders secret in ivory, since I'm always out of it. I have also finished one in taupe and almost one of fog, forest and navy so those are also on stuck in custom. They will be released, I have paid the taxes on them, but sometimes the custom together with the swedish postal service holds the for a week after taxes being paid. They aren't really fast. Ordered needles to, I always manage to break them.
    I love my new tincup. It's great when it's to hot to wear strands, even though I wear them all year around.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

These are all so very lovely!!!

Thank you Marianne. My eyes and hands don't like me today, as always when I wirewrap for hours. I always tell myself that I will stop after an hour, then I end up finishing the whole necklace and some more. Also forgot about lunch and a very late dinner as well. Not-husband was also busy renovating a room upstairs so he didn't even notice about lunch. We are making a library in one of the rooms upstairs, since we both love books. Since the children moved away from home we don't really use the upstairs rooms. Not-husband had of course proffesional help from kitten...She help me to with the greenish pearls. I arranged them, she hit them with her paw. I told her that she was a bad kitten, she hit them again. Then she had to go help not-husband... He was trilled of course since he had broken up the floor...

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Love the kitten stories, Charlotta, in addition to the pearl adventures, of course.

I should let you know that, thanks to you, I have taken to calling our daughter's partner my not-son-in-law. People laugh, because it isn't a term they have heard before, but they also immediately understand their relationship. Thank you.

Red, thats so funny. I call him my not-husband because we aren't married. I have been married tvice before and he one time. I don't feel thats something we have to do. And in sweden usually not frowned upon. Calling him partner seems wierd, don't know why so not-husband it is.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Abi's Avatar

Such lovely pieces!
    "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh