Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: My pearls

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

You have a gorgeous collection of pearls. Truly drool worthy.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

What a creative collection ! I still have some of those little Pearluna pearls from about 8 years ago..I just found them again when I was moving house. Great little pearls aren't they ! I love what you have done mixing up your strands . Great fun (though not so much knotting all those little ones lol )

I'm getting so many ideas from seeing all of your pearls. I've been trolling Kongpearl, Wenpearl, and a few pearl sellers, thinking if PP's launch tomorrow doesn't work out for me, then I may HAVE to buy a strand to try on. I purchased some Beader's Secret from Patricia in anticipation.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Thank you Cricketbug, Bweaves, Katbran and Britm. Katbran, some of my Pearllunar pearls are probably 6-7years old. Mostly off round, but the luster and colors are great (except for that one strand of pondslimes that I truly hated, should have spent more on the pondslimes I think). The rose lavender one is new though. The knotting was of, took some time but I watched some netflix on my tablet whilst knotting them.
    BritM, you can string. First I tried on some fake really cheap pearls and then some really cheap bad freshwaters. I had bought a vintage triple akoya strand. Beautiful clasp, but one of the strands haf been broken and badly fixed and they had added a plastic bead even though there where no missing pearls. Maybe they thought that they had lost one. I counted and recounted, but still one more on that side. So I taked to a jewelry firm in sweden, but the price they asked for restringing a triple strand was insane. So I bought Henriettas beading book, found an excellent blog with lots of photos. Ordered silktread, french wire and Henriettas glue and then I practiced. This was before I discovered Pearl Guide. It really isn't that hard and with Beaders secret even easier.

Yesterday my father had a huge operation to removed a tumour, he had chemo for 6 months in order to be able to removed it. The operation took 13 hours, 5 more than they had estimated. It seems that the operation went well, I haven't spoken to him or the doctors yet, but he talked to my mother this morning and seems to be ok. I hope they let us see him this afternoon. This is the reason that I have restrung almost all my pearls recently, to steady my nerves. I also do love working with pearls, so the last couple of weeks I have worked at my normal work and then busied myself with pearls after dinner. Yesterday I did string that tiny strand and whilst waiting for news on my father I restrung a strand I bought from Wendy at Pearlescence last year I think. It's not perfect, there are some fishbites but the colors are just beautiful. Brown, bronzer and some purple baroque tahitians. This strand goes so well with my favorite taupe cashmere sweater. I had to buy a new taupe sweater since I worn the last to pieces. Hopefully you can see all the lovely colors.
    Name:  _20190522_101834.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  127.6 KB
    Name:  _20190522_101913.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  212.7 KB
    Name:  _20190522_101953.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  134.1 KB
    There might be some pearls in this that are not from Wendy, but I did use the pearls with some other baroque tahitians when I tried to make a rope out of them. So yesterday I took all brownish colors and arranged them, it's a bit longer than before so some pearls just have to be from somewhere else.
    I baked bagels yesterday as well, and did laudry, cleaning, basically keeping myself busy all day long. The hospital didn't want us to wait there, maybe because it was a special clinic (don't know the right word for it) in the hospital for really big operations. Anyway I'm thankful that he did survive the operation and I hope that they did get the tumour and the other things that they had to remove just to make sure it wouldn't spread out. I am also greatful to my pearl guide friends who always cheers me up with wonderful posts an comments.

First-graft Pearl

Oh, Charlotta, what a stressful time for your family. Best wishes to your dad for a speedy and complete recovery!
    On other matters, I adore the bronze-toned Tahitians, and can imagine they’d look wonderful on a taupe sweater.

Thank you SydK. Yes it's been hard especially for my mother. Next year they have been married 50 years. But it seems that the operation was successful. My mother and one of my sisters and I will go visit him in the hospital soon. While waiting I made 2 bracelet...
    Name:  _20190522_142915.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  107.8 KB
    One with baroque south sea pearls.
    Name:  _20190522_142835.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  145.9 KB
    And an ombre bracelet with silver and almost black circled tahitians.
    Name:  _20190522_142943.jpg
Size:  138.4 KB

Today I'm wearing my blue tahitian strand and studs from Pearlescence. Since I almost always wear blue jeans these pearls goes with almost all my clothes.
    Name:  _20190522_142708.jpg
Size:  40.2 KB
    Name:  _20190522_143044.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  177.7 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Pearl therapy. Pearl mindfulness. Pearl zen? I agree, it works. Healing thoughts heading your way for you and your Dad.

So glad your father's surgery went well. Also glad you and your sister can visit with your mother, she'll probably especially want the two of you there, too. I knit and crochet, and find it very therapeutic and calming, especially when dealing with emotional stress. It's just enough busy hand work and just enough of brain use. I suspect stringing and wrapping pearls is the same way, so I'm happy for you that you have portable stress relief...And a beautiful collection.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Charlotta,
    My heart goes out to you ~ so much for you and your family to go through ~ sending best wishes for your Dad's speedy and complete recovery, too. Amazing how you've been able to channel your stress into creating these lovely pieces.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Charlotta, I'm glad the surgery seems to have been successful. How relieved you and your mother must be! Best wishes for your dad's recovery from surgery, now.

Thank you Bweaves, BritM, Pattye and Pearldreams. I just got back from the hospital, the surgery went well, but since it was so big he have to stay at the hospital for at least 2 weeks. My mother has one of my sisters living with her for 2 weeks so thats good.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member CricketBug's Avatar

I'm relieved to hear your father's surgery went well, Charlotta! And while you were waiting, my, my!, you really channeled that nervous energy into some beautiful pieces. I find stringing pearls to be quite relaxing and "therapeutic", so which I imagine may also be the case with you.

It's great that your mother will have company while your father is recuperating. All the very best wishes for your father's recovery, and to you and the family, as well.

Thank you Cricketbug.