Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My pearls

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Thank you AndrewM, they sure do look like potion bottles, sometimes I wonder how the can form such a long, thin "bottleneck".
    Thank you 86Corvettegirl, I do love that pendant, it's so fun and the pearl i it is so luminous. The rope turned out great, I like the lenght to. Now I get so much more use out of it.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I bet that T is gorgeous in person. Some of the colors are showing up and they look great! And that frog is so cute!!! He's got character!

Thank you amti, the frog is really adorable. I'm very pleased with the tahitian rope, the colors are so interesting when I can look at them all the time. It's a good lenght to, I can easily wrap it twice around my neck, but prefer it as a rope.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I can see lots of beautiful color in your Tahitians. You have a lovely collection of GSSs. That frog is adorable!

Thank you SunSeeker. It's a lovely rope.

My ripples arrived from Kongspearl. Beautiful cooltoned pastel pearls, a bit big though, 13-15mm. I first just did string them and put a clasp on them. But I wanted the option of making it longer, so I restrung it with 2 dolphine lobsterclasps that works like orbitclasps almost (have no orbitclasps and also not that much patience, orbitclasps are a months shipping away) added a chain with 3 o-rings on it and prettied it up with a tahitian pendant (former stud I transformed, lost the other stud). The clasp is somewhat tricky to open because of the pearls size. I tried to wirewrap some of them, didn't like it, tried little gold spacers, didn't like that. I wanted the pearls to have a clean look. I still think that they are a wee bit big but maybe they grow on me. Love the colors on them.
    Name:  _20181218_110254.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  165.5 KB
    Name:  _20181218_111020.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  86.6 KB
    Last edited by Charlotta; 12-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Played around some with my pearls. These lavender rose smallish pearls looks pretty good with the ripples. I might use them as spacers.
    Name:  _20181218_112720.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  122.6 KB

I also have these 2 ropes, the larger one is made of circled south sea pearls and tiny freshwaters. The smaller rope is my copper freshwaters eith even smaller freshwaters.
    Name:  _20181218_113327.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  108.6 KB

And look at the luster on these. My greenish 10-12mm south sea strand from Kongspearl and my 8-9mm rope from Wendy at Perlescence.
    Name:  _20181219_124857.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  101.1 KB
    Last edited by Charlotta; 12-19-2018 at 10:51 AM.

I made a tourmaline and tahitian strand today. It was totally inspired by BWeaves Oceanscove TNT strand, though BWeaves strand is more beautiful. I used purply brownish baroque tahitians that I bought from Wendy at Perlescence, the tourmalines are from ebay. It's about 27 inches long.
    Name:  _20181219_124022.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  129.4 KB

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Charlotta- love the greenish pearls. Your new pearls may be big, but they have great luster and color. Try wearing them around the house, you may come to love them.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Charlotta: As I was scrolling down and drooling over everything, I hit your TNT strand and immediately went, OOOOOOO. Nice!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotta View Post
    BWeaves, I have to admit that I have never watched Dr Who... But I have heard of it. Might have to give it a go.
    Thank you Happy huka and Pattye. I've gotten a good use of my Beaders secret Pattye. I used forest in the drop rope. I can actually use forest, navy or taupe if I want. They all go great with my tahitians. I used taupe on my greenish south sea strand, I tried gold, wich I used for the dark golden strand, but had to change it for taupe. I held them up against the Beaders secret chart but mint and aqua seemed to cold and kiwi a bit green. Do you have any suggestions Pattye? Taupe looks great though.
    Charlotta, Just seeing this today, so sorry! Love all your beautiful pearls and how you've personalized and transformed them! the frog pendant, precious!

To your question about the greenish SS strand, I just got a small baroque strand in a similar color, though yours may be a bit greener. (Mine seem to have a lot of silver.) Glad the TAUPE works with your strand! You might check out BRASS, also CORK, FOG and OAK. I agree, some hues just won't go at all! Thanks so much for using Beaders Secret and sharing the colors that work for you! I've ordered a new bronze shade, which should arrive in the next 10 days, it might work also, we'll see.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Thank you Pattye, I will take a look at those colors. Taupe works, but then taupe goes with everything (except maybe white pearls, might try that). I used taupe on the ripple strand as well.
    Thank you Bweaves, the tourmaline and tahitian strand is even prettier in real life. I did string it with Beaders secret in forest to bring out the green in the tourmalines.
    2thdktr, I will try wearing it around the house. Your right, maybe I just have to get used to it. I usually wears smaller pearls. I remember when I bought my 8 mm akoya strand, I thought that it was a bit big, before I only had graduated strands.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

the larger one is made of circled south sea pearls and tiny freshwaters
    I love that rope.