Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Thanks for the offer PD but I doubt it would be a very busy thread. That being said how about Pearl-Guide Book Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    We can change the title. What do you want the title to be? Exact words.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Thx Pearl Dreams. Now...what are you currently reading :-)
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Nothing pearl-related at present. I'm reading Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

I have books I would like to share. No time now, though.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I built a library in my house. Well, two actually. The living room was turned into a library for our regular books, and then the big back bedroom has all my weaving books. Books, weaving, and pearls are my passions.

PD- This is exactly what I was hoping for, the non pearl type books. There is an entire section on the guide for pearl books. I confess must of my books are gemology based or jewelry based ( GG can relate no doubt) but I also have a lots of books on gardening and animals and my old Sci-fi books. Most of which are stored away to make room for the Gemology books. My partner has tons of books related to politics etc because of being a PolSci major...so I relented and made room for those books. (The book on Lincoln sounds familiar I wonder if it is here).

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Nothing pearl-related at present. I'm reading Lincoln's Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency.
    GG- I can't wait to see what you might be reading or your stash

Quote Originally Posted by GemGeek View Post
    I have books I would like to share. No time now, though.

BW-
    I feel sheepish, it just occurred to me "Bweaves" I am not sure I put two and two together before. That or I just forgot. We both had tons of books but as we down sized we had to either part ways with books or put the less treasured in storage. I was amazed how I duplicated books. I told my partner I am in some ways thankful for e-readers, I don't duplicate books that way. Odds enough I still have a couple of books from High-school, no idea why I am saving them.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I built a library in my house. Well, two actually. The living room was turned into a library for our regular books, and then the big back bedroom has all my weaving books. Books, weaving, and pearls are my passions.

This isn't a "book" per say, but an Anniversary Catalogue The Splendor of Power but one I want to add to my collection.

See also:

On the Cartier Website: KOLDINGHUS CASTLE MUSEUM (DENMARK)

The Duck head Brooch Belonging to the Duchess of Windor is new to me.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member judimcc6's Avatar

IMG_1274.jpg
    My special library of jewelry books. I so read them. I may not have finished Elizabeth Strack's book quite yet, though. I have worked at Christie's auction house in NYC for 10 years and have collected numerous jewelry catalogues. An interesting way to keep track of sales and values, especially of signed designer jewelry.
    Judi McCormick
    Judi McCormick Studios
    www.judimccormickjewelry.com

Oh the dinner conversations you must have!

Quote Originally Posted by judimcc6 View Post
    IMG_1274.jpg
    My special library of jewelry books. I so read them. I may not have finished Elizabeth Strack's book quite yet, though. I have worked at Christie's auction house in NYC for 10 years and have collected numerous jewelry catalogues. An interesting way to keep track of sales and values, especially of signed designer jewelry.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

BPD - What a brilliant idea this is !!! You clever little sausage you ! Sadly I can't take many photos of books as I'm in the ugly process of selling my house and they all had to be boxed upper storage or given away ( absolutely killed me to give my huge number of paperback books away to the Rotary Club book store. I love my books )

But it's great to see new titles ! ( new to me )

1st love love love "Clever Little Sausage", never heard that one before! LOL. I feel your pain on the books. We did the same, I compromised way more than I normally do...and there were some obscure gem books I hadn't opened years.

One such book was from a former tv "Home Shopping" guy that someone thought to give me as a holiday gift ...and tons of Auction catalogues ( these catalogues were probably the most painful)

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    BPD - What a brilliant idea this is !!! You clever little sausage you ! Sadly I can't take many photos of books as I'm in the ugly process of selling my house and they all had to be boxed upper storage or given away ( absolutely killed me to give my huge number of paperback books away to the Rotary Club book store. I love my books )

But it's great to see new titles ! ( new to me )

So the non-gem book that I am reading is called

"Toxic People- Decontaminate Difficult People At Work-without using weapons or duct tape" Marsha Petrie Sue