Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Default Movie: The Favorite

Looks like it is going to have great period costumes, but even more interesting lots of grand jewels on display, well pearls anyway
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Oh Oh Oh, you mean the movie that's coming out called "The Favourite" about Queen Anne. That looks good.

I thought you wanted us to post our favorite movies with pearls. Well, anything with Elizabeth Taylor because she wore La Peregrina in them.

Minus typo, but yes the movie! LOL.

I confess I watch Turner Classic Movies just to catch a peek of the jewelry. Which in turn inspired a jewelry photo journal (and the endless stream of pics in the other thread) also it gives me something to do while managing my pain and sleepless nights etc.

Plus when you read books like "Hollywood Jewels" and start learning more about the studio system and the stars that went through it...you have a better appreciation for the innovation of the jewelry design houses and their contribution to fashion and culture. The pearl has such a cultural impact on fashion its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Oh Oh Oh, you mean the movie that's coming out called "The Favourite" about Queen Anne. That looks good.

I thought you wanted us to post our favorite movies with pearls. Well, anything with Elizabeth Taylor because she wore La Peregrina in them.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    Minus typo, but yes the movie! LOL.

I confess I watch Turner Classic Movies just to catch a peek of the jewelry. Which in turn inspired a jewelry photo journal (and the endless stream of pics in the other thread) also it gives me something to do while managing my pain and sleepless nights etc.

Plus when you read books like "Hollywood Jewels" and start learning more about the studio system and the stars that went through it...you have a better appreciation for the innovation of the jewelry design houses and their contribution to fashion and culture. The pearl has such a cultural impact on fashion its amazing.
    I am the same; I love watching Turner Classic Movies. I'd much rather watch the old movies and delight in the jewelry sitings, then watch most current films! ..thanks for the inspiration, I will search out that book

SunSeeker- I'll take a pic of the cover of the book so you can find it.