Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

I love QE2's pearls!! I, too, have been known to stack up necklaces into 2's, 3's, &4's & wear with jeans or leggings. I'm with Mom on daily pearl wear!!

Ha! My mom can certainly be a hoot.

Apologies for not posting photos, yet! The days have been crazy and by the time I get home all the decent light is gone since the sun sets at 4:00! Grr.

Photos of the triple strand, soon! It's not much different from your usual strand, but it's more QE2 style in that the pearls do not nest directly on one another - Mom is not a fan. Instead, this strand has about 2" spaces between each.

First-graft Pearl Simply adorned's Avatar

Andrew, that Tahitian strand is amazing, the colours are incredible. You did a fabulous job with the photography too, pearls are so hard to capture in a photo. Well done on both counts! (I could adopt you too

A neck shot would be much better for these strands, but that can't happen until Christmas! When we ordered this, we saw that PP only has "on the website" triple strands in AAA quality, but we decided to go with Freshadama.

Truth be told, I think you'd be extremely hard pressed to find anything better than Freshadama, given the price and the quality. The luster amazes me! - Especially on the closeup. They almost look like they're approaching the metallic side of pearls. In any case, as promised, here are a couple shots of the Freshadama triple strand:

Name:  Freshadamatriplestrand.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  129.6 KB

Name:  Freshadamaclose.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  165.2 KB

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

That's crazy gorgeous. I'm sitting at the keyboard smiling.

How beautiful, Andrew!!! You can really capture the beauty of pearls in photos!! Your Mom is going to be thrilled. I need to show this thread to my sons. They've say they were giving me all sorts of lovely items for Christmas & birthdays...I'm still waiting. LOL I'm lucky to get a card. I would adopt you, too.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member juliebeth's Avatar

be still my heart that triple strand! and oh, those ts on the first page. well-done, Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by wantthatthing View Post
    Andrew, have you looked at bracelets?
    Thank you, everybody! I appreciate the pearl and photo compliments. Stay tuned for some "In progress" shots of fun, upcoming projects.

I have not yet looked at bracelets! A bracelet might be a more minor purchase type thing - Mom would much rather have earrings/strands than a bracelet, I think. She has her Seiko that is always worn, and beyond that not a whole lot for wrist wear. I'd love to find a smaller double bracelet, or something of the like!

The other hitch in the plan is that Mom is not a huge fan of single bracelets. And, bracelets can get real pricey at PP because they essentially make you buy X amount of the single bracelets. Feel free to throw around bracelet suggestions if you have any, though!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    g. LOL I'm lucky to get a card. I would adopt you, too.
    Hey ! Back Off ! I have dibs on adoption !!

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    Hey ! Back Off ! I have dibs on adoption !!
    Hahahahahahahaha!!! I think there's a long line of pearl lovers willing to adopt Andrew!!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Oh, that triple is amazing. Your Mom is going to be thrilled. Not just Queen for a day, but Queen for the rest of her life!!!!

What a neat person you are, Andrew! So vibrant, and I adore how highly you think of your mom I look forward to more of your posts

Lol! You are all too funny. Thanks for the kind words! We can't wait for Christmas! And it's so hard keeping a secret about what the project in progress is! Hint: Diamonds and pearls!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Lol good thing PG postings are timestamped so we can sort out the line of Andrew adoption.

Andrew - would you share a bit how how you take your photos? iPhone or traditional camera, and under what kind of lightings? Not sure if you have shared this before and if I just missed the postings!

Quote Originally Posted by Purranha View Post
    Lol good thing PG postings are timestamped so we can sort out the line of Andrew adoption.

Andrew - would you share a bit how how you take your photos? iPhone or traditional camera, and under what kind of lightings? Not sure if you have shared this before and if I just missed the postings!
    Sure! I haven't had the chance to take my actual camera out yet, but so far I've just used my iPhone camera. I use the same philosophy as photos of people -- generally, there is the best light at dawn and dusk, when it's pretty side lit. I find that the more diffused light I can get for pearls has been better.

There are room darkening shades in the house, and they are slightly blue. They have been awesome at punching the light down a bit and making pearls look not so blown out in exposure.

I teach a photography class at the local community college this coming semester; it's a studio class, so there will be a TON of opportunity to photograph jewelry. I am definitely going to play around with some pearls and also challenge the students with them too So, it will be interesting to see what I am able to come up with the best way photographing them with my nice DSLR and studio lights. I am going to see if I can do some cool close up, macro shots, and also compare with PP glamour shots. (Maybe they want to hire me. They can pay part of my salary in pearls!)