Default Mother's pearl strand

Hi all. Thought it would be good just to clarify. My mother has a strand of pearls that she received from her mother, my grandmother. They weren't anything terribly expensive, and I believe she got them on sale, but they seem quite pretty and fairly nice all the same.

They are pretty round, and seem pretty clean aside from a few blemishes. They are quite cream colored; they came in a small red pouch with a golden "IMPERIAL WORLD" with a crown written on it.

Any clarification much appreciated!

Name:  IMG_0392.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  33.5 KBName:  IMG_0393.jpg
Size:  56.9 KBName:  IMG_0394.jpg
Size:  106.5 KB

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

The necklace looks like nice akoya pearls with the least expensive gold clasp available.

The pouch is also generic. That's the least expensive jewelry "box" you can buy wholesale. My mother used to buy those little bags by the truckload for their store. "Imperial World" might have been the name of the store the necklace was bought from, or it might be the name of the company that made the pouches. Unfortunately, "Imperial World" is just too generic a name and googling brings up many different companies who have nothing to do with selling pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    The necklace looks like nice akoya pearls with the least expensive gold clasp available.

The pouch is also generic. That's the least expensive jewelry "box" you can buy wholesale. My mother used to buy those little bags by the truckload for their store. "Imperial World" might have been the name of the store the necklace was bought from, or it might be the name of the company that made the pouches. Unfortunately, "Imperial World" is just too generic a name and googling brings up many different companies who have nothing to do with selling pearls.
    Thanks! I believe they were purchased at JC Penney some years ago -- but I do know the "imperial world" wasn't the name of the store, at least. There was no figuring they might be anything expensive, but they are nice little pearls!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

The pearls have beautiful luster and the knots are clean and tight. Enjoy them!!!