Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair Adornment

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

amti, that's an adorable picture of your daughter. I can't believe you're old enough to have 2 adult children!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    I was not expecting that! What a great memory you've shared, also how fun for both of them to have had that experiences so young, do they remember having done it when looking back at the photos?
    Yes they do remember. It was quite a big ordeal to have several people waiting on you. Plus, with my son, the kabuto, or helmet, was really big, so he had people on both sides of him ready to catch the kabuto if it fell. Plus, what little boy would forget being able to hold a katana? This original photo is full length. I must have cropped it a while ago.

And y'all are so sweet! I wish my babies were younger. They were definitely more fun back then!
    Name:  259299_1914675800245_3952318_o.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  165.8 KB

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Love these photos, Amit! Your children are beautiful like their momma!

First-graft Pearl

Amti, what treasures!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Fantastic! Love them both. What a lucky momma you are.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Your children are beautiful! I love seeing the traditional garb and hearing your story. We learn so much on this forum other than pearls. I would never have know what a hair corsage was.
    The time does fly with kids, though the individual days can feel long sometimes. I, too, miss the days when my boys were this young.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

OH WOW - What fabulous photos of your gorgeous children !!! Absolutely stunning outfits and I too had never heard of a hair corsage - and it's beautiful !!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Wow, that's great. Helmut, kumihimo armor and sword.

Kumihimo is one of the weaving / braiding techniques I do. I love seeing the braids in their traditional use.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

My older brother used to collect swords, throwing stars and other "weapons" etc, I think he believed he was a ninja in another life . I think there are some pictures of me with a Katana too, and yes it was always fun. The throwing stars always fascinated me because of all the different styles and shapes. I should really ask him what he did with all of that.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Thanks y'all. My kids are my pride and joy. But seeing how they are hardly ever home anymore, I sure do miss those days when they kept me super busy. If you have little ones at home, please enjoy them while you can!!!

BPPD, my son is so into weapons. We took the kids to an old movie village/entertainment park in Kyoto about ten years ago. There was a ninja show and my son loved it. He bought (rubber) weapons with his own money and had them displayed for years. I bet he still has them in his room. His dream is to own a real katana one day. Right now, being in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, he gets to wear a saber when he's on horseback, so that's almost as cool as the real thing. For a while, he was saying he was going to use a katana since it was part of his heritage, but I think he realized it was not financially possible as a student.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Found out my sister-in-law (apparently) stepped in and did not want her kids around so many weapons while they were so young (of course the collecting was all pre-marriage). Sounds like he'd forgotten some of the things in storage and traded away others : (. I suspect his kids will get a treat now that they are much much older...now I feel really old.

Quote Originally Posted by amti View Post
    Thanks y'all. My kids are my pride and joy. But seeing how they are hardly ever home anymore, I sure do miss those days when they kept me super busy. If you have little ones at home, please enjoy them while you can!!!

BPPD, my son is so into weapons. We took the kids to an old movie village/entertainment park in Kyoto about ten years ago. There was a ninja show and my son loved it. He bought (rubber) weapons with his own money and had them displayed for years. I bet he still has them in his room. His dream is to own a real katana one day. Right now, being in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, he gets to wear a saber when he's on horseback, so that's almost as cool as the real thing. For a while, he was saying he was going to use a katana since it was part of his heritage, but I think he realized it was not financially possible as a student.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Amti,

Wonderful photos and stories! Having seen more current photos of your two kiddos, can say they are every bit as adorable now.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Awe. thanks, Pattye.

BPPD, I hope he did save the best stuff. It is hard to find authentic, good quality items and when you do, they are so expensive. I bet your brother will be able to put his kids through college selling one or two good items. When he' ready to sell, maybe my son will be ready to buy!