Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    With Kojima I do a screen print of the pearls and save it in Microsoft Paint, crop and then you can upload the picture as usual. It's nice to post the picture because links will sometimes disappear.
    I'm on a Macbook Pro, and I have no idea how to do a screen print. I guess I should google that. Doh!

PD: My husband had the same problem with his Shingrix shots, but I didn't . It does get better in a day or two, and it beats the he!! out of getting Shingles.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Only slightly off-topic - Kojima has a natural Persian Gulf strand up on the site. I noticed a couple of nights ago she posted that gorgeous golden pendant. It lasted only a couple of hours, if that. It’s worth checking the other sites because there are amazing holiday specials showing up there as well. (As jesskat already pointed out. Hope you get your pretty for Christmas! Hubbies love it when you make shopping easy for them!)

Only slightly off-topic - Kojima has a natural Persian Gulf strand up on the site. I noticed a couple of nights ago she posted that gorgeous golden pendant. It lasted only a couple of hours, if that. It’s worth checking the other sites because there are amazing holiday specials showing up there as well. (As jesskat already pointed out. Hope you get your pretty for Christmas! Hubbies love it when you make shopping easy for them!)
    Thanks, Red!! Yes, he was quite happy that I made it a whole lot easier

And yes, everyone, go check Kojima. There are some really amazing pieces coming up right now. It's been a while since she's posted so many.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker View Post
    Love love love Ursulaís purple coloring! She will pair nicely with so many pearls

I live in a densely wooded neighborhood where the local joke is, ďdonít walk on windy days!Ē Most of the houses date to the 1920s and 1930s, with many older tall hardwoods towering over the houses and above ground utilities. Itís a real mess. About 3 years ago, I had a 130í hickory tree fall on my house during a summer storm, crushing my roof and upstairs bedroom. I was at home at the time, but not upstairs thankfully. Since then Iíve had 6 trees removed, and another 3 planned to remove in the next few months. It pains me to take them down, but itís just not worth the risk. I really miss the shady spots, but I also appreciate the new sunny patches.
    Thank God you weren't upstairs! I'm so glad you weren't hurt, this gives me even more peace knowing I did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jesskat View Post
    Thanks, Red!! Yes, he was quite happy that I made it a whole lot easier

And yes, everyone, go check Kojima. There are some really amazing pieces coming up right now. It's been a while since she's posted so many.
    Jesskat: Yes I saw that last night as a cruised their website, I'm relatively new to pearls but that seemed like a very unusual strand to me! She never puts "certificate of authenticity" too, like everyone wouldn't trust her implicitly with their purchases. Hope a wealthier connoisseur than I picks it up.

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

That was me, Red. I was super excited to see that pendant! With being on vacation and the time difference, I haven’t been able to check the sales regularly, so I felt very lucky that I looked at the right time.

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

BWeaves- press command- shift- 4 all at the same time. You’ll get something that looks sort of like a text box. Drag it over what you want to capture and let go. The image will save to your iPhoto library. At least I think that’s it. I’m not home to look at my laptop. If you use the number 3 instead of 4, it takes a total screen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post
    That was me, Red. I was super excited to see that pendant! With being on vacation and the time difference, I haven’t been able to check the sales regularly, so I felt very lucky that I looked at the right time.
    Well, I'm glad I left it for you, jeg. It was only there for a few hours. I kept telling myself I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, and then it was gone! Forever, I'm sure, because you will love it. Looking forward to photos.

Thanks for the control codes for screen prints. I'll try that when I get home.

I saw that Persian Gulf strand on Kojima this morning and I started drooling. It's funny. I've probably spent more than that on multiple pearl items this season, but I can't quite get myself to spend that much on one item. I'd love a real natural strand, but I really can't justify it when the pearls are so small. PSS and all. But if I do win the lottery, that Sea of Cortez strand on Kojima is MINE.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post

I saw that Persian Gulf strand on Kojima this morning and I started drooling. It's funny. I've probably spent more than that on multiple pearl items this season, but I can't quite get myself to spend that much on one item. I'd love a real natural strand, but I really can't justify it when the pearls are so small. PSS and all. But if I do win the lottery, that Sea of Cortez strand on Kojima is MINE.
    Wait, the Mabe strand or the National Selection strand? I presume both?

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post

Winning the lottery would put me instantly on the horn with Kamoka finding the perfect rope. I dream of such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Purranha View Post
    Wait, the Mabe strand or the National Selection strand? I presume both?
    The National Selection strand. Or maybe both. I also love the Mabe strand, too, but I'm more of a round pearl girl.

And Kamoka might get a call, too. The 99 colors rope is stunning in person.

There's that Pearl Paradise granduated ombre' rope on the launch page. You know the one.

Dreams.

Testing my glamour shots.

Yes, it really looks like this in real life. Pacific Pearls ripples. Pattye has Beader's Secret on its way to me in Rose and in Taupe.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 5.57.20 PM.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  18.6 KB

I haven't received this one yet, but it's in the mail. Kojima 54" ombre' keshi rope.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 5.58.46 PM.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  11.2 KB

I was debating on getting those tiny freshies from Kojima, but this ombre' strand was calling me louder.

Your glamour shots are looking great, BWeaves. Thanks for the pictures.

Hisano is on Facebook with her Holiday picks. It is always a treat to see the beautiful and elegant Hisano. I already have my golden baroque necklace, but there is something about goldens that says Christmas to me. I suppose because red, green and gold are probably my favorite colors. They look amazing together. She has also selected some larger akoya studs, so this is a great time to upgrade sizes.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Great glamour shot, BW. The colors are wonderful & the Ombrť Keshi is fantastic!!