Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Calling Pattye! Pattye would you please recommend some color options for each of the crazy edison categories? Bronze burgundy and purple? Thank you in advance!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Andrew M's Avatar

Sorry for the maybe not-so-correct color correcting. I always correct to make the background neutral (paper towel), because indoor lighting usually makes 'em yellow!

Awesome purchases, everyone

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Purr, I love the ripples & Edison combination! The jade accompanies the pearls perfectly!! Great look!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Purr: Yes, the heavy weight Beader's Secret is great. I prefer to string and knot with a doubled strand, so when the holes are larger, the thicker thread works great. If I try to triple or quadruple the medium weight, I just get frustrated while knotting. The thicker version is worth it.

Andrew: My lighting is old school. Very yellow. So to correct the pearl color, the clasps were inevitably going to wash out to white. Thank you!

I'm wearing my new ripples and the keshi rope today, and they look amazing together. But I keep losing the keshis. The hook and eye keeps undoing itself. I'm going to restring the keshis tonight with the small orbit clasp from the ripples. I know I could send the necklace back to Sarah and she'd do it for me, but I'm far away and I want it done right now. And I like stringing pearls, so it's fun anyway.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

BWeaves - I love the restring with Rose !! They look fabulous ... such amazing colours... you can stare at ripples and practically hypnotise yourself watching the colours shift around. And the combination with the Keshi would be beautiful.

On the clasp issue.. I have always found that with lightweight necklaces , toggles and hooks are a bit tricky and the necklace doesn't have enough weight to keep the tension on the clasp. However, it's possible the the hook needs to be pinched closed a bit more ?

I have something Akoya on the way from PP, from the "pick any item for a bit of an extra discount" week... Going to keep everyone in suspense until it gets here and I can take photos.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

You tease, you.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

I like the newer stringing too, BW. Good choice on string color.

Andrew, you sure you don't need any more moms? I think we gals are all just a wee jealous of your mom and we don't even know her. lol Maybe you can give our kids some buying lessons?

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Great idea, amti!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katbran View Post
    BWeaves - I love the restring with Rose !! They look fabulous ... such amazing colours... you can stare at ripples and practically hypnotise yourself watching the colours shift around. And the combination with the Keshi would be beautiful.

On the clasp issue.. I have always found that with lightweight necklaces , toggles and hooks are a bit tricky and the necklace doesn't have enough weight to keep the tension on the clasp. However, it's possible the the hook needs to be pinched closed a bit more ?
    Yeah, I did pinch the hook closed a bit more, but it didn't help. It's not just this hook. All hooks do this to me.

On the plus side. While I'm restringing, I get to really oogle each pearl individually under magnification. They're all spectacular.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member annie's Avatar

I ordered one of the Edison bronze strands. The colors are very interesting and vibrant. The luster is great!

However, it has a pearl in the front with a nacre issue that really bothers me. It is visible in the pictures (the blemish faces a knot); I don't know if it is visible when worn. The cloudy weather wouldn't let me catch any good neck shots yesterday.

Here is a representative picture of color and luster.

Name:  IMG_7260 (2).jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.9 KB
    Last edited by annie; 12-12-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    I ordered one of the Edison bronze strands. The colors are very interesting and vibrant. The luster is great!

However, it has a pearl in the front with a nacre issue that really bothers me. It is visible in the pictures (the blemish faces a knot); I don't know if it is visible when worn. The cloudy weather wouldn't let me catch any good neck shots yesterday.

Here is a representative picture of color and luster.

Name:  IMG_7260 (2).jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.9 KB
    Hey Annie! I've actually discovered similar blemish situation on my medium bronze strand and am trying to decide if it bothers me enough. At least like you said the blemishes are knot facing, and for my strand the blemishes are on the side pearls and not in the middle focal section. Can you circle/point to the blemish on your strand? A bit hard to spot!

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    You tease, you.
    LOL! What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by amti View Post
    I like the newer stringing too, BW. Good choice on string color.

Andrew, you sure you don't need any more moms? I think we gals are all just a wee jealous of your mom and we don't even know her. lol Maybe you can give our kids some buying lessons?

Haha! Send 'em my way - maybe Mom and I can make it out to a ruckus someday, so I can go more broke, I mean, meet everyone.

Re: burgundy strand. The colors are very interesting! FWIW, I only saw two small blemishes from your photo -- one on a pearl at top right, and one more bottom center. I like it. I totally get "mind clean," but also it's not something I'd ever even see had you not pointed it out.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

One's tolerance for natural "flaws" in pearls is completely personal.

I lovingly call one of us on here a "Luster Whor#" (the way this website is set up, I can't type the word fully). I, myself, love a clean skin. Some want perfect roundness. Or intensely deep color saturation.

If anything about a strand is displeasing, I'd recommend sending it back because someone else will fall in love with it. Trying to overlook something personally irritating doesn't work for me.

The colors in that strand are fascinating and beautiful. And the luster is gorgeous. But if your eye is always going to go to the natural "imperfection"...

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purranha View Post
    Calling Pattye! Pattye would you please recommend some color options for each of the crazy edison categories? Bronze burgundy and purple? Thank you in advance!
    Purr, just catching up here; I'll review this thread and the Edisons and see what colors might work. Just got a new computer on line, after weeks of frustration with the old one, so YAY for me! Early Christmas pressie!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----