Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seerious Bling

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

Default Seerious Bling

If you want to see some serious bling...HM Queen held a state banquet for visiting Dutch royal family (Hi Cees!) Name:  0_BANNER-Kate-Middleton_1857JPG.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  77.9 KB
    Quoting from the daily mirror
    Kate Middleton thrilled royal fans by wearing Princess Diana's tiara at a State Banquet at Buckingham Palce.

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a kingfisher blue Alexander McQueen dress for the event in honour of the King and Queen of the Netherlands.

Royal fans believe her necklace is from Queen Alexandra's Wedding Parure, which was a gift from Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, ahead of their wedding in 1863.

Kate opted to pair the necklace with Princess Diana's Cambridge Lover’s Knot tiara and the Princess of Wales' Collingwood Pearl Drop Earrings.

Her opulent jewels accentuated her kingfisher blue gown by Alexander McQueen.

But Queen Maxima of the Netherlands 'outblinged' all the guests by wearing the incredible diamond Stuart tiara.
    he Queen Mother was also a fan of the necklace Kate wore and was pictured wearing it at a recital at the Royal College of Music in 1989.

Queen Alexandra's wedding set included a large diamond tiara plus a diamond and pearl necklace, set of earrings, and brooch.

The tiara, popularly known as the "Rundell" Tiara, no longer exists the remaining jewels were split between royal ladies for a time but are now reunited in The Queen's collection.

Kate also wore the Royal Family Order for the second time, made of glass rather than ivory.

She attended the event with Prince William, who walked with Prime Minister Theresa May in the procession before dinner.
    The dinner is being held in honour of the King and Queen of the Netherlands who are making a state visit to the UK.

The Queen wore the Cullinan III and IV Brooch, part of the Cullinan Diamond, which was cut in the Netherlands. She also wore the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima arrived today and are staying with the Queen at Buckingham Palace for two days.

Queen Maxima looked stunning in an ethereal dark green gown and made sure all eyes were on her by wearing the diamond Stuart Tiara.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Thank you so much, Wendy! Remarkable and historical jewels on beautiful, extraordinary women!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Seriously...gorgeous pearls. I love Kate Middleton's choice of dress color...really compliments her nicely. And my neck aches a bit for that Stuart tiara...I cannot imagine the weight!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove™
    Instagram: OceansCove™
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove™ Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove™
    Pinterest: OceansCove™

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I love that McQueen dress as well.. beautiful colour on Kate. That necklace looks fabulous on that neckline. As for everyone else... wow !

Thanks Wendy !

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

TIARAS! Thank you! I get my fix at The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

That is some serious bling!!! The Stuart Tiara is beautiful but it has to be heavy & uncomfortable to wear. I love the Lover's Knot Tiara paired with the Diana's Collingwood Pearl earrings & Queen Alexandra's necklace. It's a perfect pairing to go with the blue of her dress. She looked stunning!

I love tiara's, especially ones with pearls. I would have one but I would look silly in one because I don't think they fit my personality.
    Last edited by 86Corvettegirl; 10-24-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh more more more!
    Check out my photos here
    Instagram: @ajs.joyful.images

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post

I love tiara's, especially ones with pearls. I would have one but I would look silly in one because I don't think they fit my personality.
    I disagree. Pearls and tiaras go together perfectly. I think you'd be perfect in a tiara.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Former F-C-Jewels:

Name:  FCJEWELS3 copy.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  75.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I disagree. Pearls and tiaras go together perfectly. I think you'd be perfect in a tiara.
    “No,” Midge said, “I take it back. I wouldn’t get a mink coat the first thing. Know what I’d do? I’d get a string of pearls. Real pearls.” Yes,” Annabel said, slowly. “I think that’s a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.”

Oh, yeah! Best pearl tiara in history.

I love this video of HM Queen with the Imperial State Crown...poking at the huge natural pearls (and showing great knowledge about pearls)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPyNxoVJsr4
    That crown is real uberbling

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    If I were to wear a tiara, it would be a pearl & diamond one. Pearl tiaras have always been my favorite!
    Honestly, I would love to see a Tahitian & diamond tiara!
    Last edited by 86Corvettegirl; 10-30-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    Former F-C-Jewels:

Name:  FCJEWELS3 copy.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  75.7 KB
    These are some serious Royal pearl tiaras & gems!!!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

How exquisite, all these drop pearls! Thank you for those latest photos, BPDDC! And the video of HRH is delightful, thank you, Wendy!! The size of her diamond brooch, WOW!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Interesting trivia. Only HM and the crown jeweller are allowed to touch the Imperial State Crown.