Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am really tempted to get two pairs of the tiny pearls.....the spinning wheel came up and I got 40 off so I could get both pairs for the price of one regular pair

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

For many of us there is no such thing as "too many pearls" . Just do not hit them with hairspray!

I got the baby akoyas! Two pairs, can't wait to see how they look...I've only ever had freshwaters before so I am very excited to see the akoyas. Thank you to everyone who suggested tiny pearls and to Ennui for pointing out they were still on sale at PP. And I never use hairspray so no worries there! I will probably also take them out at night just to preserve them better.

Very exciting! Now you will need some pearl dangle earrings for the lowest hole

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Very exciting! Now you will need some pearl dangle earrings for the lowest hole
    I have such a long list of earrings and other pieces I want, lol, now onto the saving up! (I've always loved pearls but am new to be a "serious" collector) I imagine since the akoyas are white they will go well with any other color of pearl.

Indeed, white and natural colored pearls all play very nicely together!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

MoonS - ooooh 40% off ... now that's a nice discount !!! Have fun shopping

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

It took viewing lots of photos on this forum for me to realize that all pearls go together, even if they don't match. I'm thrilled you bought tiny pearls. I was going to suggest that, too.

Thank you Marianne, Katbran and BWeaves, I am really excited to see them in person! Already this forum is enabling me ....

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

So, I personally only have single piercing, but, I have seen multiple piercing "earring stackings" on Heather Benjamin, and almost fell off the chair on the creative way she combines and creates the stacking. I mostly traditionally think oh the lowest piercing gets largest dangle, and the upper ones should be small studs. But WOW Heather broke my stereotypical thinking. This is the only time I was like hmm wish I had multiple ear piercings lol! And the shell horns play so well with pearls...

Name:  IMG_5583.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  112.5 KBName:  IMG_1573.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  148.5 KB

Purranha, those are great looks! I LOVE the way she has dangles in the upper piercings as well. Sometimes I wear a dangle in my middle piercing because they are even for one thing (thanks piercer from when I was five) and it's a "sturdier" piercing, but I've always been worried it looked weird, now I will worry less!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I never thought of putting a dangle in the middle piercing, either, but those look great.

Of course, I hear dangle, and I think weighty pearl drop, where hers are more lightweight.

I have three holes as well, and I've always loved switching it up and putting the longer earring in the middle hole. Could also look at ear climbers for your second holes too!

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

I like snaking long threader earrings through all 3 holes
    Check out my photos here
    Instagram: @ajs.joyful.images

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Jesskat!
    MSC that is a good idea, I have never tried a threader or thought of that, but I love the way the long threaders look