Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First-graft Pearl Senior Member Narcissa's Avatar

"And maybe it sounds silly to wear pearls and other jewelry around the house but I am a stay at home mom so if I only wear things when I go out I never wear them. And I would rather wear and enjoy them, tbh."

Welcome, Moonsprinkles.

I too like the look and feel of non-round pearls, and find weight soothing.
    As for wearing them around the house, my epiphany came on this forum years ago when I read a post from LaCorsetiere about her "scuba pearls". With pictures that made my jaw drop. Seeing someone wear a strand of drop-dead Tahitians scuba diving changed me forever.
    Now I "don't get out much" (code for kind of reclusive) so I wear pearls out to feed the horses, and do the grocery shopping. Of course when we do go out I pull out everything and overdo. Great fun. If we wear our pearls for our own enjoyment, imo that is a higher use than wearing them to impress. But, I also don't mind impressing and being impressed either!

Enjoy the forum!
    Elizabeth
    Narcissa

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
    "And maybe it sounds silly to wear pearls and other jewelry around the house but I am a stay at home mom so if I only wear things when I go out I never wear them. And I would rather wear and enjoy them, tbh."

Welcome, Moonsprinkles.

I too like the look and feel of non-round pearls, and find weight soothing.
    As for wearing them around the house, my epiphany came on this forum years ago when I read a post from LaCorsetiere about her "scuba pearls". With pictures that made my jaw drop. Seeing someone wear a strand of drop-dead Tahitians scuba diving changed me forever.
    Now I "don't get out much" (code for kind of reclusive) so I wear pearls out to feed the horses, and do the grocery shopping. Of course when we do go out I pull out everything and overdo. Great fun. If we wear our pearls for our own enjoyment, imo that is a higher use than wearing them to impress. But, I also don't mind impressing and being impressed either!

Enjoy the forum!
    Elizabeth
    Thank you so much for your welcome! I am glad to be here. The idea of "scuba pearls" is very impressive indeed, I've never seen anything like that! You sound a bit like me...I am also kind of reclusive (hello, social anxiety) so I just always dress for myself and figure that's enough. I honestly never see anyone else wearing pearls in the area I live in, except for maybe the occasional elderly lady, so I assume most people probably think mine are just beads. And that I am overdressed for grocery shopping and lugging around two kids, lol. But I got used to weird looks about my fashion choices riding a bike around my university campus in a skirt and heels! I live in a very "casual" area of the country.
    Besides, I'm sure your horses appreciate you being all pretty for them!