Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

It's definitely YOU who accomplished this-- congratulations! Looks wonderful!

Beader's Secret was a game-changer for many of us. Before that many of us struggled with silk, or else had to make do with only white or moss green Power Pro. Beader's Secret combines ease of use with strength, washability, non-stretchability and a generous range of colors. As a result, more and more people are trying their hand at knotting up their own pearls, and each person who succeeds emboldens someone else to try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    It's definitely YOU who accomplished this-- congratulations! Looks wonderful!

Beader's Secret was a game-changer for many of us. Before that many of us struggled with silk, or else had to make do with only white or moss green Power Pro. Beader's Secret combines ease of use with strength, washability, non-stretchability and a generous range of colors. As a result, more and more people are trying their hand at knotting up their own pearls, and each person who succeeds emboldens someone else to try as well.
    Thank you very much; I have tried other tutorials in the past and yours was the one that finally clicked for me! I never tried power pro, but silk and I had a violent relationship. It was always knotting, breaking, etc, and you had to stretch it and wet it before you would use it, it was not fun. I feel like I have so many more option now with the beader's secret and this new knowledge!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I'm so glad it was helpful! I loathed using silk, myself. Maybe it was just the silk cord with the needle that was the problem; maybe I would have done better with the kind that didn't twist all by itself into knots! But I am over silk-- completely over it.

Except for scarves. I adore silk scarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    I'm so glad it was helpful! I loathed using silk, myself. Maybe it was just the silk cord with the needle that was the problem; maybe I would have done better with the kind that didn't twist all by itself into knots! But I am over silk-- completely over it.

Except for scarves. I adore silk scarves.
    Ugh I had forgotten how it used to twist itself up till you reminded me, lol! I'm with you there....silk scarves for the win, silk thread, nope. Oh, and I also love my silk pillowcase!