Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

BW that keshi necklace was gorgeous, I was eyeing it on Kojima's table. Gorgeous luster. And your mom's akoya ring is so fabulous in person!
    Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

BWeaves - Love those two white freshwater keshi necklaces together. They work perfectly together.

It takes time to find the right keshi necklace. There are so many variables, and they don't seem to be that common. Glad you finally found one that looks great on you.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

So much to report today.

First, I had to move cubicles, so I wore denim today and the necklace I made in Sheri's Ruckus class.

fullsizeoutput_82b.jpg

Sheri, if you're watching, I'd pay a lot more than $5 if you bring better pearls and findings next year. I really love this necklace. (Yeah, I started eyeing up the Kamoka leather necklaces, too.)

Pattye!!! The thicker Beader's Secret in royal blue worked like a charm on Mom's lapis necklace.

Before (with the original 7 mm akoya pearls):

fullsizeoutput_837.jpg

After (with the 10 mm Freshadamas from PP, and a gold orbit clasp):

fullsizeoutput_836.jpg

After, worn sideways to make it look asymmetrical:

fullsizeoutput_82e.jpg

Before, close up (with the new Freshadama pearls loose, for comparison):

fullsizeoutput_7ee.jpg

After, close up:

fullsizeoutput_832.jpg

I think I'm going to wear this necklace a lot more now. I feel like it now has the "Wow" factor that it was missing before.

I had to remove 2 lapis beads. One at the back had a glop of glue on it and I couldn't clear the hole, and the other one was chipped. But the clasp took up the space of the removed beads.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 08-11-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

That lapis necklace is so much better after your re-do! Truly a classic and wow piece One of my favorite stones.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you 86Corvettegirl, to another turquoise lover! Imade all the necklaces except the tiny stone tin cup, and I made one matching petal pearl bracelet.

BWeaves, your lapis redo really hits the spot! I love lapis, and I love it with turquoise. My mom gave me a 1915 strand of lapis last year, but I havenít had time to think about a redo - if any. But it does need restringing, soon Iíll order royal blue thread from Pattye. BUT I REALLY REALLY want a little h lapis piece from her new collection!!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert la_corsetiere's Avatar

BWeaves, I'm glad to see you are getting use out of your lariat! I wasn't looking to make a profit off the supplies, just to cover my out-of-pocket expense. I hated to have to ask for any contribution, frankly, but when I heard the number of ruckus attendees this year, it became a necessity. I wanted to keep the price down, which is why I chose lower quality pearls and findings. Now that you know how, I encourage you to make much nicer ones!!! The possibilities are endless! There are lots of good options on Etsy or your local bead or craft store. Happy crafting!

And I am more than happy to pass the torch on to anyone who would like to bring some crafty joy to future rucki. I know you are out there!!!

First-graft Pearl

It is a very fun necklace. I got a kit for my daughter. She didn't like the ring I picked out, so we got a different one. She did hers differently, cutting the half in thirds instead of halves, and putting 2 pearls on each. It came out very nice. She loves that she can wear it with t-shirts. Thank you!

First-graft Pearl

And Bweaves, I meant to add that the lapis necklace has a completely different look now. I wouldn't have believed it...

WOW! The new pearls on the lapis look terrific. Enjoy.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

What a difference! Your revamped necklace is beautiful and the pearls just glow!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

BWeaves....You are rocking the leather & pearl lariat necklace!! Perfect for casual wear!! And your lapis necklace doesn't even look the same with the new pearls. It has a whole new feel to it!! Just beautiful!!!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

BWeaves your lapis necklace has gone from beautiful to brilliantly beautiful ... genius idea ❣️
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Hi Ladies! I went to play at the NY_NOW show today and visited little h (posted in Show Us Your Pearl thread) and Heather Benjamin (a lot of you have seen her pieces I've posted here before and some of you met her at the end of the PP shopping session). Her sales associate Laney had OMG the cutest white linen dress!!! She bought it in a boutique in TN but she is trying to track down the info for me. I loved her entire outfit and the jewelry layerings!

IMG_5969.jpg

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Oops flipped here.
    IMG_5969.jpg

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Purr - what fun !! And I love her look as well. That dress would look great on you !! Now I'm going to look her up and check out the jewellery!

Is this a trade show ?