Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post
    Sunseeker, I’m so glad you got that one because I loved the colors and besides being sisters. We are sisters from last year with our Fiji bracelets, too!! I can’t wait to see it strung, so please remember to post.

Thanks so much Pareltje, BWeaves (love your new treasures!), Simply Adorned and Lary!

86C, I wanted to check with Jeremy before saying more about the golden SS strand, to make sure I didn’t say something I shouldn’t. It was “made by a farmer in the Philippines as THE prototype” for a PP special they will have in the future, so stay tuned. I think there will also be ombrés in the future.

Thank you Bcm! The Akoyas are more of a silver. Slight blue, pink overtones, but overall a silver.

Lilliefuzzysocks, you MUST post your spectacular, one of a kind, pearl! I was eying that one, but looking with my eyes and not my hands (as Newberry would say). I would love to have that one, but so glad you got it. Wow!
    haha, I had forgotten about the bracelets! Yes, now we are double sisters! I will post the GSS strand after it is strung!

BWeaves, love your new tincup! I agree the swan looks better on white gold paired with new tincup!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Really? (heart palpatations)
    Yes, that is what I heard as well, but didn't want to say anything I shouldn't. Stay tuned indeed!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Jeg, unbelievable pearls.

BWeaves- stunning choices

I can't wait for the PP special and ombres. ( Hyperventilating)

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post

86C, I wanted to check with Jeremy before saying more about the golden SS strand, to make sure I didn’t say something I shouldn’t. It was “made by a farmer in the Philippines as THE prototype” for a PP special they will have in the future, so stay tuned. I think there will also be ombrés in the future.
    Oh, I will definitely be on standby!!! I sure would love a notification on a future special, especially on ropes!!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

What type of ombre's?

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I'm with 2thdktr.. hyperventilating until that PP special sale

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

Oooooooh so exciting to see your fab purchases! jeg, as usual, you picked really gorgeous pieces! That GSS rope is incredible.

BWeaves, your tin cup layering is amazing. Never too much! And it all looked so great together. Love your picks.

I'll try to get some good photos of my purchases tomorrow, it was raining all day today and the pearls just didn't show properly.
    Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

I am goggling at the GSS rope. Must...remind...self...complexion really doesn't seem to do goldens all that well...

BWeaves, gorgeous as always - is that tin cup the 'Queen's Table' necklace which was on the site for a few days? It looks beautiful on you.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Bonsava: No, the Queen's table necklace was similar, but different. I don't remember what my necklace's name was. If you Google "Kojima Pearl Queen's Table" you can find the link to that necklace and then compare those photos to my photos to see the differences.

Adding my acquisitions! I really love them. Caveat is that, as usual, my photos don't accurately capture how gorgeous the pearls are in real life.

Gorgeous Tahitian keshi bracelet from Kamoka. I've been taking pics of it since I got home, but none of them capture how gorgeous it is. I think everyone who saw it at Ruckus did a double-take because the pearls are so gorgeous.
    Photo Aug 01, 9 47 47 AM.jpg

The bracelet, plus sweet little Tahitian keshi stacker rings, also from Kamoka:
    Photo Aug 01, 9 44 34 AM.jpg

A better pic of the stackers:
    Photo Aug 01, 9 15 06 AM.jpg

Next! Sheri's octo deserves its own post <3 When I saw that she had huge octos, I HAD to have one. This beauty is cast in bronze, and has an awesomely funky white south sea pearl head. I love it so.

(reposting image right side up!)

octoon.jpg

Posing with its rosy twin:
    octotwins.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Next up, a super special packet of natural Sea of Cortez pearls! I snagged this one from Douglas and am so so excited about it. Must plan what to do with them.... Again the photos aren't great, but I was able to pick out a lot of really really great pearls from the lot, and basically all of them are nice!

SoCs.jpg

Photo Aug 01, 9 46 55 AM.jpg

And finally, the amazing souffle I snagged from Hisano's stash. It looks like molten metal <3 I mean seriously, look at that thing.

Photo Aug 01, 9 20 09 AM.jpg

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Hi Everyone! I’m going to be cheesy by starting off with – the treasure from the Ruckus are of course the experience, the people and all the friends new and old. Now, to the physical treasures – my haul this year is very different but oh so special. See the below spread. Light(er) on pearls, but heavy on books.

IMG_5635.jpg

A more detailed intro to the various items:

The Splendor and Science of Pearls by the famed GIA photographer Robert Weldon, who also attended Ruckus this year for the first time. His magnificent book is going out of print, and he brought the LAST three remaining copies to the Ruckus. Jeremy got one, the birthday lady Mariana got one, and I got the last one.

The 1000 Philippine Peso, WITH the Pincata Maxima on it, were dug up from Jacques pocket and given to me during his talk. If you haven’t already watched the FB video of the talks, please go to Jennifer Heebner’s page to take a look. The talk started off with Josh of Kamoka then followed by Jacques of Jewelmer. At 1:08:33, you’ll see him whipping out the bill and walked it over to me. And yes, that is me, screaming and jumping in the background, for a full minute plus lol.

https://www.facebook.com/jenniferhee...6984807791174/

And as you can see I pounced on Robert and Jacques for them to autograph the book & bill respectively!

The Pearl Book – one of the most important Pearl book, ever, according to Jeremy. Historically in Japanese only, translated into English for the first time. He ordered 10 copies and were just busting them out in his office. I practically ripped a copy off of his hand – he might have lost a finger in the process lol.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Now, to the pearls –

The AMAZING two finger flower hydrangea ring made by Lema (battah), with kasumi keshis from Sarah Kojima. The eye also by Lema, and star mermaid by our very own Sheri. Most of you know I have already adopted a huge family from Sheri, several mermaid included. So when I went for the mermaid, they all looked at me and commented, don’t you have a few mermaids already? Haha and of course my motto is “more is still not enough!!!”

Sweet petite keshi stackers from Kamoka, worn with my origami star ring. Souffles from little h stash, a few more loose Fijis, and a few petite goldens from Jewelmer. I picked up 2 loose ones, and 1 perfect little plump drop with mirror like luster and intense green orient from the tray, set with little h bail. I can’t stop staring at the fat little plump drop – it is so perfect in every way and I love it!

IMG_5625.jpgIMG_5632.jpgIMG_5636.jpgIMG_5637.jpgIMG_5640.jpgIMG_5564.jpg