Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cory0729 View Post
    Do you think one looks better than the other or is that a personal preference type question? I can see the difference though! Thank you for sharing!!
    I find that since my skintone is very, very pale with a lot of pink undertones I wear the pinked ones for a more casual look and the natural white when I want the earrings to stand out more or if I'm wearing something a little more fancy. That's completely personal preference though. If your wife has a different skin tone that may be the other way around for her.
    You can never be too dressed-up.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Cory- I personally agree on the hanadama Akoyas. They have incredible luster and quality.They will go with everything you could possibly buy her forever. I wear my akoyas with freshwaters and South Sea. I have beautiful big AAA South Sea studs from Pearl Paradise and though I love them, when I first opened them up, I was slightly disappointed because I did not realize that the luster would be more muted and satiny. I wanted reflective luster.
    Working in a professional office, 8 mm is great and she will wear them daily. Let us know how it all turns out.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Also I highly recommend this book-- specifically the updated 6th edition. It is full of excellent information and photos. Every pearl buyer ought to have a copy IMO.

Pearl Buying Guide (6th edition), by Renee Newman

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Buying-...e+newman+pearl
    Thanks Pearl Dreams- I'm going to get that as well. You truly are full of wonderful information.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2thdktr View Post
    Thanks Pearl Dreams- I'm going to get that as well. You truly are full of wonderful information.
    I'm just your friendly neighborhood enabler!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thdktr View Post
    Cory- I personally agree on the hanadama Akoyas. They have incredible luster and quality.They will go with everything you could possibly buy her forever. I wear my akoyas with freshwaters and South Sea. I have beautiful big AAA South Sea studs from Pearl Paradise and though I love them, when I first opened them up, I was slightly disappointed because I did not realize that the luster would be more muted and satiny. I wanted reflective luster.
    Working in a professional office, 8 mm is great and she will wear them daily. Let us know how it all turns out.
    Awesome thank you for the advice! I'm certainly I think looking to make the original statement with something like the Akoyas which sound like your "idea" of what a pearl should or would look like so to say off the front. After buying these initial ones it will open up the conversation of other looks and sizes for other occasions. Larger south seas if she'd want a pair for a particular reason, the Tahitians or other colors, along with possibly other non-round pearls.

I great appreciate everyone's help!!

Cory, South Sea Pearls are marvelous. You can purchase pearls on-line that are better quality than retail jewelry stores. Personally, I like at least a 10 mm. I have done business with Pearl Paradise for years and have been at their offices in CA. You will find pearl earrings that will make your wife swoon!
    Très Jolie Perles

Alright... as an update... just placed my order for an 8.0mm-8.5mm Natural White Hanadama pearl bracelet and pearl stud earrings from Pearl Paradise!?!

I guess now it's time to wait and see what they look like when they get here!!!

Do post photos when you get them-- or when you give them!

Will do!!! Thanks again for so much advice and pep talks for courage!!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Wonderful choice, Cory!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Cory0729, you've come to the right place for help with your wonderful gift project for your wife! As you mention a possible bracelet, I have one more idea for you to consider. A Tin Cup style bracelet, with sections of gold chain (white or yellow) separated by pearls on the chain. Comfortable, easy to wear, a bit more modern, can withstand a bit more water as there's no knots and thread. I love mine. If she likes it and loves wearing pearls, future gifts could include a full bracelet and necklace strand with matching clasps, so she could mix and match for different looks!

I'm traveling and can't post, but perhaps one of my PG friends could post a tin cup bracelet or link to an existing thread?
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

I see you've chosen ... sounds like a great decision! A tin cup would be a nice future gift Everyone at Pearl Paradise will ensure
    you have a fantastic, memorable gift for your wife.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

An Excellent choice ! You will not go wrong and the lustre will be amazing. Plus they have excellent customer service. Do please post a photo of your pearls when they arrive !

Just received them today!!! Thoughts??

Name:  IMG_4171.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  80.5 KBName:  IMG_4172.JPG
Size:  82.2 KBName:  IMG_4173.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  92.2 KBName:  IMG_4174.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  92.0 KBName:  IMG_4175.JPG
Size:  83.8 KB

If they look THAT lustrous in the black velvet box (a dark background just eats up luster) they will be amazing when worn!