Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Cees has a wonderful eye for the "good stuff"!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

First-graft Pearl 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Love your multi's!! Gorgeous colors & luster!

They're beautiful! To me, Tahitians are the easiest to knot, maybe because they're large. Have fun with it!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot Lady View Post
    They're beautiful! To me, Tahitians are the easiest to knot, maybe because they're large. Have fun with it!
    True! Larger pearls = fewer knots!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert amti's Avatar

Your Ts are amazing and look great on you! Congrats!!!

Your strand is gorgeous! I also have a multicolor strand from Cees and I am awaiting a clasp to be delivered to string it. Will be my first stringing project too. Pretty nervous and excited at the same time. Tahitians are my favorite too.

As a newbie, I am not familiar with IG or Cees. Can someone explain? Thanks.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

IG = Instagram

Cees is Cees Van Oije /Amsterdam Pearls. His website just has photos of the kinds of pearl he carries/ has carried, but you can see some of his current/recent items on his Instagram page and contact him that way or through Facebook. Cees is a good seller. I got my golden SSP from him.

Thank you PD. I'll check the website out.

Quote Originally Posted by suchi View Post
    Your strand is gorgeous! I also have a multicolor strand from Cees and I am awaiting a clasp to be delivered to string it. Will be my first stringing project too. Pretty nervous and excited at the same time. Tahitians are my favorite too.
    What clasp did you buy? I'm debating orbit clasp from PP, just havent been able to commit. Good luck with yours, would love to see photos!

I got this one from an Etsy seller.Name:  Screenshot_20180713-160009.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  96.3 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Clasps are so difficult ! I wish I could find one perfect clasp and then that would be the only one I'd use. I love the look of the Orbit but it's a little bugger to open and close...it's very slippery.. ..you need nimble little fingers lol I was showing a big white strand to a new client yesterday and it had an Orbit...she was not impressed. We found a different one.. I do love the look though..Toggles are always a safe choice as they are secure on anything with weight and easy to use.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Suchi, that is one cool clasp. I have fallen in love with out of the ordinary clasps lately.
    You can never be too dressed-up.

Shoot, orbit clasp is hard to open? I love the look of it but I'm torn between that and your standard ball clasp. Either way I like the clasp to look streamlined. Would you say orbit is harder to open than ball clasp?

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I think the Orbit clasp is very easy to open. That said, I have it in two sizes and 3 different metals. Depending on the "spring" of the clasp, I have one that is a bit harder to open than the others, and one that is super easy to open. I like that it is very secure, and that you can link other Orbit clasps together (and it doesn't matter if they are different sizes) and your linked necklace will look like it was designed that way. Plus I can hang drops off it easily.

I find the ball clasp to be too fiddly. I like the look, but I find the actual mechanism to be too small for my fingers to manipulate easily. I like the large fish hook clasps (like the Mikimoto clasp), but I can only ever find the tiny fish hook clasps, which I think look cheap. I also like a fancy box clasp with a safety catch.