Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Welcome! And Pearl Dreams has shared some incredible wisdom...she is a fountain of wonderful information.
    Etsy Shop: Ocean's Cove
    Instagram: Ocean's Cove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: Ocean's Cove

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Welcome all !! Lots of pearly knowledge here !

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bradleym0086 View Post
    .................................... I really enjoy working with fine jewelry, and am somewhat of a jeweler myself. I'm an artist, and have created some of my own jewelry before, but nothing like a professional, but I'm a quick learner, and have quite a vast set of skills. I'm looking to find a career (or create my own) that I could support myself with, although I'm not sure if creating my own pearl jewelry in my area would be enough to support myself, financially with. Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated!
    Just wanted to add a few additional suggestions as you journey toward being a self supporting designer. Explore these as you're keeping your day job! The skills we have can almost always be improved on; we keep challenging each other here on the forum in pleasant ways.

* Online classes are available from GIA. They offer scholarships.
    *Learn about gemstones, too. Pearls and gems often enhance each other.
    *Learn to knot pearls and beads. It's a skill that is in demand. You can contract with jewelry stores, established designers, individuals.
    *Learn about metals at minimum and learn bench skills.
    *Become an apprentice to an established designer; in most cases they don't "do it all."
    *Hold a trunk show at your fav local boutique, a Holiday show at someone's home with friends that do complimentary crafts.
    *Findings: there is a market for interesting beads, clasps, bead caps, links and more. Selling and designing supplies might not bring accolades; it can pay the bills.
    *Commit to life-long learning and building your skills. There's always something new!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Hello! I'm Iris and just want to say thanks for being such an informative place, would love to learn more about pearls as they take over my jewelry box! It all started when my mother gave me her Akoya pendant that she doesn't wear (she prefers jade and diamonds) and it was a slippery slope from there, purchased my first strand (white gem grade freshwaters) in January. Have also done the Pearls As One course for the fun of it, the downside is that I'm now thinking of what I should get next...

One day I'll put up a picture of the Akoya pendant before it gets passed down to my niece for her future wedding as her "something borrowed"!

Hello!
    I'm new here ��
    My name is Rianne and i am from The Netherlands.
    Been lurking a few days before is signd up.
    My language is not the best, i'm sorry!

I love wearing pearls but also use them in my own jewelry beading.
    Favorite the metallic tones and half drilled baroque drops.

Groetjes Rianne
    Welkom bij onze parelgroep!

You will find lots of pearly knowledge in our group, and lovely people who enjoy chatting about pearls. I truly enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful pearls, from around the world, and appreciate all their knowledge. So pleased you decided to join and introduce yourself.

No need to worry.......your english is good, and much better than my Dutch! I lived in Amsterdam about a decade ago, so my Dutch is now a bit rusty. Pardon, mijn Nederlanders, mevrouw.

Dank je wel dame. �� bedankt voor het compliment!

Graag Gedaan, Rianne !

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Welcome, Rianne! Only an English version from me!