Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member KaySD's Avatar

I've been trying to find the safe spot I hid a few pieces for a while now!

I can't wait -- just 11 more days!

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

Great- I think between Amti and I, we have everyone in the morning group covered.

I will text everyone a few days before we leave to get your flight and arrival info so we can coordinate at LAX. If you already have my cell #, you can text me your info and I’ll start compiling it all. I will share with Amti because she will be arriving before me.

Can’t wait to see everyone!
    Last edited by jeg; 07-16-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

So far, I think it's just me and KMFDallas coming in around 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Is anyone else coming in around that time that wants to meet us in the Tom Bradley International Terminal?

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

Just a suggestion, BWeaves... if it’s just the two of you, you might check which terminal you are arriving and meet at one of your gates instead. The International terminal is a bit of a hike, or a shuttle ride, and unnecessary if you are just meeting up to exit together.

Hi JEG: I'm in terminal 2 or 3 and she's in terminal 5, so Tom Bradley is right in the middle. But yes, if it's just the two of us and I get in first, I might just stretch my legs and hike over to terminal 5.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member Narcissa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeg View Post
    Nnguye20, I have #ís to text the morning group after arriving at LAX. I am arriving at 9:45. It sounds like the last of the morning group will be arriving around 10:30, and enough for two Uberís. You can pm me if you have a cell number. I donít use whatís app. Right now, I believe it will be Amti, Julie, Pattye, Elizabeth(?), Marianne, SunSeeker, Battah, you and me, in the morning group. (Before 10:30)

Battah, do you want to pm me, too, so I have your info?
    YES (Elizabeth)
    quietly reading and getting butterflies ...

~Elizabeth
    Narcissa

We are (new to Ruckus, yay) - the party of 4 Russians (well, sorta ) - are coming at 1:30-2pm.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Hi Ladies! Wow I'm super behind here - work has been causing me to tear my hair out + pound the bottles + look up therapists in the past few months lolol. So impressed by the level or coordination this year! I'm arriving Thursday to visit & stay with friends so I'll see you all at Hilton. But I'll contact JEG to be added to the Whatsapp group nonetheless!

I found this Uber Estimator, super awesome - https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

And I haven't had time to do postings lately but sharing my new creation which I'll be bringing to the ruckus with me! Sadly I'll be packing super light this year as I'll be hopping between friends apt and Hilton and I'm traveling without pack mule this year. But will try to bring a few fun items!
    IMG_3615.jpgIMG_3773.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purranha View Post
    ... my new creation which I'll be bringing to the ruckus with me!
    Wow, I love your ring! While I cannot join you lovely pearl folk at the ruckus ... I was still hoping that you might be able to sneack one or the other impala into your luggage - and into a picture?!?
    I cannot get enough of these earrings (and they are not even pearl-containing lol)

Wow Purr, what is that? I mean that in a good way. I need more info. Is it wrong that I want to eat it? It's like beautiful candy.

Also, Kojima has my Waterfall Rope ready for Ruckus. I finally get to see it in person.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by battah View Post
    Posting to bump this thread because I AM SO EXCITED. I'm also arriving around 10:30, so I'll message you ladies as well. Warning: I'm a hugger
    looking forward to meeting you, battah! I am arriving at about the same time. And I am a hugger too!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post

Also, Kojima has my Waterfall Rope ready for Ruckus. I finally get to see it in person.
    Mine was finished today and being sent out tomorrow. Pearl sisters again BW

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Wow Purr, what is that? I mean that in a good way. I need more info. Is it wrong that I want to eat it? It's like beautiful candy.

Lol aww thank you BWeaves! It is actually made with a souffle pearl from little h private stash I picked up from Ruckus 2016, surrounded by MINIATURE PAPER ORIGAMI stars and crane handmade by me! Encasted in resin, trimmed off the excess, and epoxied onto a ring blank lol!

I was hoping to do a more detailed posting like I usually do but just haven't had the time. I'll see if I get around to it before ruckus!

Oh and the little rings to the side is a slightly larger crane and a lily flower, also all made with paper origami coated in resin!

I call this my "poor woman's halo" rings!

Quote Originally Posted by morella View Post
    Wow, I love your ring! While I cannot join you lovely pearl folk at the ruckus ... I was still hoping that you might be able to sneack one or the other impala into your luggage - and into a picture?!?
    I cannot get enough of these earrings (and they are not even pearl-containing lol)
    Morella! you're referring to Heather Benjamin's impala and horn pieces! She is actually also located in LA and will be in NYC for a trade show mid-August. And while they are not made of pearls, they are made of abalone shells and tahitian black-lip oyster shells so they belong in the same family! If you're interested in her pieces let me know - Heather is super awesome to work with!

Mini origami? I'm really intrigued. I need to see it in person.