Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The pearl that got away

So I've been eyeing for SoC loose pearls on the main Perlas de mar de Cortez for a while, and seems like I've always been a step too late. I missed out 2 pearls that I really wanted to buy already, the latest one was a copper-colored in the picture, and another one was a C grade but was huge and seemed to have great overtones, which I forgot to screenshot and now even the picture is gone
    What is your "pearl-that-got-away"? I hope to share your pain and regrets. And if someone bought those pearls, please post so we can see them IRL. Thank you <3
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nnguye20; 04-15-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lilliefuzzysocks's Avatar

nnguye20, Why not give the site a email. They have lots of pearls that are not on the site. I give them some sizes and colors I am looking for and I get photos emailed to me with what's in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    nnguye20, Why not give the site a email. They have lots of pearls that are not on the site. I give them some sizes and colors I am looking for and I get photos emailed to me with what's in stock.
    I didn't think about that! Thanks lilliefuzzysocks!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Second to what lilliefuzzysocks said, Nnguye20. Douglas and his team are very friendly, easy to work with and helpful. I'm sure they can find you a dreamy pearl I'd photo my couple loose ones, but I'm sooooo bad at camera work, sigh ... and yes, I have a couple SOC loose pearls that "got away", but no photos. The one I really regret is one that was a light green/hints of gold, with a shape like Saturn with its rings ... and I had 2 chances to get that one and missed it both times!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

I agree with the advice above, and just want to add that I think you are wise to hold out for a gem grade pearl. Unless, of course, the color is rare and makes up for it. The one on the left is gem grade, the one on the right is not. It took me another year of searching before I found another SoC pearl worthy of putting together with these two into a pendant.

Name:  SoC_8605.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  71.6 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Mine was a very large Tahitian drop , all strange swirly colours. But it was around 1000$ and at the time I just couldn't bring myself to spend that on a single pearl. I never stopped thinking about it

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lugana's Avatar

I sort of miss/regret not getting a small lot of light blue tahitians from Jac, they were AA+/AAA quality and 8-9mm size, but at the time I wanted bigger pearls. I did get my blue strand in the end, but I still have doubts "whether those ones would be bluer"
    Name:  Blues.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  27.1 KB

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

There have been plenty of necklaces and earrings posted on PP, POJ, and Kojima which I've lusted after, and just couldn't justify buying at the time. Many one of a kind pieces.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pareltje's Avatar

I also wonder who got that beautiful copper SoC.... I was eyeing on that too. It's a very special color indeed.
    Follow me on Instagram @margaritas108

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Pareltje's SoC keshi bracelet is my "pearl that got away"
    Check out my photos here
    Instagram: @ajs.joyful.images

Quote Originally Posted by MSC View Post
    Pareltje's SoC keshi bracelet is my "pearl that got away"
    MSC LOL... Actually I was looking for a few SoC keshis to turn into a tin cup bracelet/necklace. But then I saw that bracelet, hesitated for some time but finally pulled the trigger when it was discounted. I never regret that I purchased that bracelet.
    There was also a pair of strong blue/purple colored SoC mabes on the website of Douglas, they are on my "pearls that got away" list. Not to mention many more from Kamoka LOLOLOL....
    Last edited by Pareltje; 04-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pareltje View Post
    MSC LOL... Actually I was looking for a few SoC keshis to turn into a tin cup bracelet/necklace. But then I saw that bracelet, hesitated for some, time but finally pulled the trigger when it was discounted. I never regret that I purchased that bracelet.
    There was also a pair of strong blue/purple colored SoC mabes on the website of Douglas, they are on my "pearls that got away" list. Not to mention many more from Kamoka LOLOLOL....
    Pareltje that bracelet was stunning and you made a great choice! I wonder who was the vendor that sell it? Was that from Ehret?

Quote Originally Posted by nnguye20 View Post
    Pareltje that bracelet was stunning and you made a great choice! I wonder who was the vendor that sell it? Was that from Ehret?
    Yes, it was from Ehret, Druzy Design.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member cyndayco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    Second to what lilliefuzzysocks said, Nnguye20. Douglas and his team are very friendly, easy to work with and helpful. I'm sure they can find you a dreamy pearl
    I find that asking Douglas straightaway gets you first dibs on the latest batch of SoCs. Sometimes, Douglas shows off his new inventory on Linkedin--that's how I found my holy grail mabe necklace. I pounced on him before he could repost his photos on PG.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Naan's Avatar

So many pearls that got away were tahitian pearls from Ehret, Druzy Design.