Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 138
  1. #91
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Douglas I hope you check back on this thread to feel the love.

    Everyone has a dream and mine is a Sea of Cortez rope. I want one of all the lumpy and bumpys plus tear drops mostly the silvery color with a few of the wildly beautiful blues and purples scattered through out and not a round one on the strand. A girls got to dream and that's mine

  2. #92
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Ooooo newberry ... that's a dream strand for sure !

  3. #93
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    Pattye's strands ... sigh ! And Sarah/Kojima's mabe Y strand ... breathless ...
    Cathy

    CathyKeshi

  4. #94
    Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    9,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    Douglas I hope you check back on this thread to feel the love.

    Everyone has a dream and mine is a Sea of Cortez rope. I want one of all the lumpy and bumpys plus tear drops mostly the silvery color with a few of the wildly beautiful blues and purples scattered through out and not a round one on the strand. A girls got to dream and that's mine
    That's a darn fine dream! I hope it comes true.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

  5. #95
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    I have fallen in love with Sea of Cortez pearls!!! God help me....I am in love with Kojima's mabe necklace!! I would like to get a pair of SOC mabe pearl earring but haven't had much luck. My eyes are crossed from searching the web. Any advice??? I am aware SOC's are rare & the harvest is small so I'm wondering if jewelry is in the making & has just not been posted yet. I always seem to be too early or too late to the party.

  6. #96
    Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    10,195

    Default

    A love affair you will never recover from, lol! This month is harvest (once a year) so there will be new pearls and mabes available soon. Sarah does amazing earrings with the mabes. I have a small pair of pastel silver studs. And I've seen the Cortez Mabe necklaces in person, so uniquely gorgeous. (I'm fortunate to have 2 strands of baroque pearls.) And some earrings also mabe earrings and pendant. Have you contacted Sarah about your interests?
    Pattye


    PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

    facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

    SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

  7. #97
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    A love affair you will never recover from, lol! This month is harvest (once a year) so there will be new pearls and mabes available soon. Sarah does amazing earrings with the mabes. I have a small pair of pastel silver studs. And I've seen the Cortez Mabe necklaces in person, so uniquely gorgeous. (I'm fortunate to have 2 strands of baroque pearls.) And some earrings also mabe earrings and pendant. Have you contacted Sarah about your interests?
    Is Sara of Kojima Pearl Co? I have not bought from them yet but I probably should inquire. Thanks for the advice. Please forgive my ignorance of not know who is who. I'm still learning about the site.

  8. #98
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lilliefuzzysocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Yes, Sarah has Kojima pearl company. Here she is wearing a fantasitc strand of Sea of Cortez and rope of Lake Kasumi freshwaters.
    Name:  sarah.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  78.4 KB

  9. #99
    Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    10,195

    Default

    86CG, so sorry, I've been hanging around here so long I do forget! Yes, Sarah of Kojima Pearls. She is a delight, wonderfully creative and knowledgeable!

    LFS, thank you so much for the photo!
    Pattye


    PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

    facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

    SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

  10. #100
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    Yes, Sarah has Kojima pearl company. Here she is wearing a fantasitc strand of Sea of Cortez and rope of Lake Kasumi freshwaters.
    Name:  sarah.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  78.4 KB
    Those are glorious strands!!

  11. #101
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    86CG, so sorry, I've been hanging around here so long I do forget! Yes, Sarah of Kojima Pearls. She is a delight, wonderfully creative and knowledgeable!

    LFS, thank you so much for the photo!
    Yes, thank you both!! I'll have to contact her.

  12. #102
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert newberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    I have fallen in love with Sea of Cortez pearls!!! God help me....I am in love with Kojima's mabe necklace!! I would like to get a pair of SOC mabe pearl earring but haven't had much luck. My eyes are crossed from searching the web. Any advice??? I am aware SOC's are rare & the harvest is small so I'm wondering if jewelry is in the making & has just not been posted yet. I always seem to be too early or too late to the party.
    Come to the ruckus and I bet Sarah would bring it for you to try on

  13. #103
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    You can also contact Douglas of Sea of Cortez dirrctly, I believe. He is here on the forum (look for the thread with all the SoC pearls)

    Oh, might be this thread... Still sleepy...

  14. #104
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lilliefuzzysocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Name:  105.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  136.8 KB

    Name:  104.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  133.6 KB

    Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.

  15. #105
    Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilliefuzzysocks View Post
    Name:  105.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  136.8 KB

    Name:  104.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  133.6 KB

    Sarah may still have this Sea of Cortez piece too. The bottom portion detaches.
    You ladies are tempting me too much. I won't be able to attend the Ruckus this year as we have a family wedding to attend during that time frame. I have really been eyeing that necklace. I love that the pendant can be removed & the necklace can be worn without it or the pendant worn seperately! I just have to justify the expense but it's a breathtaking necklace. You ladies are enablers, I swear!!! Enablers!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Sea of Cortez Pearls on JNA
    By Kevin Canning in forum Pearling Industry News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 08:24 PM
  2. My new Cortez pearls
    By PearlLVR in forum Show Us Your Pearls!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 04:32 AM
  3. Pearls from Sea of Cortez
    By jojeda in forum What Kind of Pearls do I have?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 04:16 AM
  4. My first Cortez pearls
    By silverseajewelry in forum Natural Pearls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 04:26 AM
  5. Please tell me about sea of cortez pearls?
    By Casey.R in forum Cultured Pearls
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:18 PM