Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Purranha's Avatar

Default Mini NYC Ruckus, little h @ Javits & Eclipse!!!

Hi Everyone!

WOW 2017 has been kind to me. Even though I was unable to attend the main Ruckus in LA, Iíve been able to have FOUR mini ruckuses throughout the year!

First one in DC with Battah - https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...Rooms-and-MORE!!!
    Second one in NOLA with Sheri & Anna - https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...ch-by-CliClasp!!!
    Third one in the bay area with Sheri & Sarah - https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...n-the-Bay-Area!!!

And this fourth one in NYC with BAS Hisano and Jeremy! Met up with the gang Friday night to kick the mini ruckus off. Had wonderful food and drinks with amazing company. Of COURSE we had to wear a lot of pearls, but unfortunately the restaurantís lighting was quite awful so we didnít end up taking many pictures.
    IMG_9684.jpg

BAS wore some amazing pieces seen in these threads:
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...s-custom-piece
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...0481-WSS-Drops

I decked myself out like a Christmas tree and wore the following:
    IMG_9688.jpg

I’m big on arm parties this year: Emily Thorn and PP special Peacock strand from the 5,000 lot.

Sheri’s tandem octo flyer earrings with intense BBA and GSSP keshi that Hisano gracious let me dig through at the 2016 Ruckus.
    IMG_8702.jpg

Dance Party on my Fingers: Veeeery special baby octo ring hand crafted by Sheri with Papa Doug’s Super Gem Grade erotochromic mabe and a teensy SoC keshi for octo head. Kasumi pearl I got from Sarah during 2016 Ruckus. Makes me happy seeing the rings together as if Sheri Sarah and Doug are having a little dance party on my fingers! SQQQUUEEEEEEE!!!!!
    IMG_9196.jpg

My Summer Bloom Flower Tin-cup, BBA, keshi strand and petite Tahitians. Yup, I piled them all on...
    IMG_2901.jpgIMG_2905.jpgIMG_9249.jpgIMG_9256.jpg

What? Did someone say not enough pearls? Couldn’t have had a lovelier Friday night!

The little h started the exhibition at NY NOW! at the Javits Center on Sunday.

I’ve been dying to get myself into Javits Center for a design show for the longest time, but it is practically impossible for retail peeps like myself. This expos is one of the most prestigious and designers/vendors are curated and by invitation only! Hisano and Jeremy was so kind to get me in with a PP badge, I am so grateful! AAAHHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
    IMG_9936.jpgIMG_9980.jpgIMG_9939.jpgIMG_9944.jpg
    Last edited by Purranha; 08-22-2017 at 10:55 PM.

AAAHHHH got to hand model for Hisano and made it onto the little h Instagram gallery!!!!!! I named this picture “Purranha’s Paws”.
    IMG_0034.jpg

The following day, we had the rare solar eclipse that traversed through the US.

We only had 76% eclipse here in NYC, but it was still awesome to view. We headed to Bryant Park and we did it in style. Eclipse glasses check, a bottle of chilled Riesling check, mini stereo check, and no party is complete with a unicorn floatie, which we formally named Eclipse the Gay Unicorn. He was of course adorned with pearls galore!

IMG_3054.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_3060.jpgIMG_0024.jpg
    What a ridiculously fun mini NYC ruckus!!!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Lugana's Avatar

What a wonderful thread)) I love your mini-ruckuses!! If ever in Europe - we must visit Cees together

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Red's Avatar

Awesome report, Purranha. Love the pictures of the NYC mini-ruckus. As an honorary PP buyer, did you get anything at the show?

Red!!! Heehee yeessss...

I thought this was really THE perfect sentimental occasion for me to adopt my very first little h piece. I had my heart set on a Trio ring and I was determined to bring one home with me, and that's how I ended up with ALL of them on my paws.

But unfortunately my fingers are too skinny so all the rings at the show was too big for me. Hisano has to make one custom for me. And since she is gonna make one custom for me, we decided to use one of the speeeeecial Kasumi Keshi I picked up from Sarah at the bay area mini ruckus. AAAHHHHHH I can not even contain my excitement!!! The keshi is with Hisano now.

I hadn't posted about it since J & H will be on the road for a while so I was gonna post about the ring when it's done.

oh yah and aside from the little h piece, I did wonder into other booths and was interested in buying some home stuff. But I was a complete noob, and got some side-eye responses of "we don't do cash and carry, and there's a minimum order of 200"... bwahhahhahaha oh well...

Some vendors are willing to sell retail but only on the last day of the show, which is tomorrow Wed. So aside from the little h piece to come, I left empty handed. Still a ton of fun to roam around, though!

Absolutely Lugana! And of course keep us posted if you ever come visit NYC!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

This is a fun show, and well worth the time if just to look at the trends in home/gift goods! Of course the bonus of little h and co, well...that makes for an amazing show! Did you get to the Metal and Smith pop up today?? I was dying to go, but too much to do (which really is a good thing, because I know I would have spent the mortgage).
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert battah's Avatar

Ahhhhhhh so much fun! So wish I could have hung out with you there! Love your pearl choices and I'm so, so excited to see how your little h ring turns out, I love those trio rings so much. Fabulous!!
    Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

What fun!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Looks like you had a fabulous time !!!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

hi Purranha! Looks like you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to see your ring pics!!